News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Its early but... (the Michigan WPC swap meet)

Started by Ghoste, November 30, 2014, 12:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

has anyone heard a confirmed date and location yet?  I tried to find out but couldn't find it, got a bunch of stuff I need to get there.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

Thanks!   I couldn't find it on the WPC site the other day. :shruggy:

Dino

I'm going to try to make it this time.  I should probably come with only enough money to get in though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Dino

71 SE3834V

I gotta try to get there earlier. I tend to not get there until 11 or 12 and many vendors start packing up at 1:00pm.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

71 SE3834V

:bump:
Coming up this Sunday. Anyone need a ride?
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

TUFCAT

I'll be there as usual.  No schlepping parts.

RIDELIKEHELL

As long as this shitty feeling i've had since yesterday doesn't blossom into something I will be going  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

Redmanf1

I think I am going to go and check things out.

Nelson

TUFCAT

Doesn't look like I'll make it.  I'll be going to a gun show in Birch Run so if I decide to go, it will be in the later part of the afternoon.  :eek2:

Dino

I'm out.  Way too much things to do that cannot be ignored so playtime needs to wait.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

71 SE3834V

Snow is heading south of us so I will be there.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

Redmanf1

There was not as many used parts as I thought would be their. It was nice to get out......

Nelson 

chargerman69

I was there today, got a couple T's and a book on muscle cars with most of the cars in it were from wellborn

TUFCAT

71 SE3834V

Hey Tuffy!!!
Did you see the 6 pack air cleaner with the stamped cut out for the AC compressor???
I got pics!!!!! I'm going start a thread as soon as I get the pics downloaded and open that can of worms again.  :poke:  :scope:
I'll keep you all in suspense for a little bit. If I knew you could make it I was gonna try to meet up with you.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

TUFCAT

Quote from: 71 SE3834V on January 25, 2015, 06:30:38 PM
Hey Tuffy!!!
Did you see the 6 pack air cleaner with the stamped cut out for the AC compressor???
I got pics!!!!! I'm going start a thread as soon as I get the pics downloaded and open that can of worms again.  :poke:  :scope:

OMG Please do!! That's hilarious  :2thumbs:  (we all know that was a typical factory-line modification)  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

71 SE3834V

Any chance an air cleaner was offered as a dealer option to install a 6 pk on an a/c car? Or dealer installed?
I don't know much other than what I read here but the thing looked legit.....not a new item...had some rust bubbles on it.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

TUFCAT

Not a chance.  To leave the factory it had to be certified as a regular production part with a part number and warranty.  Same if sold by a Chrysler dealer. Chrysler would never allow a vibrating, heat producing, a/c compressor to be installed in such close proximity to a (notched) air cleaner next to an outboard carburetor. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.  :brickwall:

moparnation74

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 25, 2015, 07:13:23 PM
Not a chance.  It had to be certified as a regular production part (if it left the factory) with a part number and warranty. It would also have a part number if it was available to a customer.  Chrysler would never install a vibrating, heat producing, a/c compressor in such close proximity to an air cleaner element bolted to a carburetor. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
:iagree:
Why would a 6 pack motor be degraded and underpowered by putting AC on it?  Chrysler would never do that at the height of the muscle car era.  Whats next a shaker hemi cuda with AC?