News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger 500 wins the 1969 Bama 500!

Started by 500Jon, December 09, 2014, 10:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

500Jon

Well did it or didn't it?

Most probably did, but it wasn't the victory anyone wanted so poor Jim Vandiver was robbed of an Historic C500 victory!!! :shruggy:
Now if we can find that car its a WINNER!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

500JOHNNY
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Ghoste

Was he robbed?  Did he lap Brickhouse or not? 

500Jon

He didn't lap Brickhouse, Vandiver was so far in front he nearly caught him up!!! :smilielol:
Then when the Flag came out for Jim Vandiver, Brickhouse was in fact, nearly a lap down!!! :cheers:

I know I was there and counted every lap!!!! :iamwithstupid:

Or maybe I dreamt that??? :dance: :dance:  :dance:

Where's my TARDIS when I need it??? :slap:

Aero426

I heard the other day that Ray Harroun did not actually win the first Indy 500 (really).  

Bobby Allison was reportedly cheated out of a NASCAR race that modern history revisionists want settled.

Don't know if Vandiver did or didn't.   It is one of those stories that gets bigger with time.    Either way, only one guy got to kiss the trophy girl.  

Aero426

One month after the boycotted Talladega 500,  a 500 mile ARCA race was held at Talladega.    Jim Vandiver did indeed win that one in the Ray Fox Charger 500.   The only five hundred mile superspeedway win for the Charger 500.

Ghoste

There you go Jon, some actual Charger 500 long race vindication.  Are we all good with this now?

500Jon

ERR, yes and NO lol,

Great that Jim got his trophy, but if he was wrongly placed at the Big Race, it needs to be sorted!
As much as Mother Mopar wanted a Daytona win, they didn't want a 'WHITE-BODY' 500 to win either?
WHY........because we had COLOUR FILM now and COLOUR was COOLIO!!! :2thumbs:
If someone had told Jim before the race he would have gone B5 BLUE!!! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Where's my PILLS??? :spank: :spank: :spank:

LOOK LEFT, BLUE OR WHITE???

Ghoste

Mopar didn't care nearly as much about the photo of the car as much as the radios and newspapers on Monday morning all reporting a Dodge win.

500Jon

Exactly Mr.Ghoste!

Either way a Dodge did win!
If it had been a C500 win then the sales would have rocketed!!! :2thumbs:

Shame he used an R/T stripe, instead of a 500 stripe.......

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Ghoste on December 10, 2014, 06:37:16 AM
Mopar didn't care nearly as much about the photo of the car as much as the radios and newspapers on Monday morning all reporting a Dodge win.

Exactly, car manufactures have always been like most businesses - - how much money do we make for the money spent. The car had a red stripe on the back of it and so does the one in the show room and maybe 3 people who saw that car win would want a 500 and any salesman worth his commission could tell them that they wanted an RT and could save $700. by getting a 440 instead of a Hemi and I could bore you to tears on how I ended up with mine. :popcrn:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

500Jon

Hi HighBank,

Can you be a bit clearer on the R/T over a 500 option please.
Was you offered a 4-speed over the auto?
And why didn't you get the HEMI???
Or did you and I misread the thread.

Cheers 500Jon