News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger 500 Registry

Started by Homerr, December 26, 2014, 03:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

217188  once mine   :rotz:     updated info i had

i second that this thread should be a sticky
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

500Jon

Don't worry Stuart!

When you have saved up your penny's (cents) you can buy mine!
A 440 4-speed C500...
In your favourite color F8 GREEN!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
(Or any color you like if you're quick LOL...)

5J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

41husk

did that car go to Germany stu
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

moparstuart

Quote from: 500Jon on March 23, 2015, 10:35:06 AM
Don't worry Stuart!

When you have saved up your penny's (cents) you can buy mine!
A 440 4-speed C500...
In your favourite color F8 GREEN!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
(Or any color you like if you're quick LOL...)

5J
i would even take green if i had too  but R-4  was perfect 

69_500

Well it appears it will take me about fifteen years or more to get back all of the information I lost on 500's when my external hard drive crashed yesterday. Lost all pictures and database.

white

Been there. Sometimes I think that actual pictures and paper documents is sometimes better. Hope you can somehow recover your info.

Ghoste

Thats horrible Danny, hopefully it can be recovered.  I try to keep the 69 Registry backed up over a couple of drives but a paper copy is maybe a good idea too now after reading that.

pettybird

I pay for Dropbox and Flickr...

Danny have you contacted any of the hard drive recovery places either around you or on line?  It's a couple hundred bucks minimum (and it will be higher) but when our server crashed at work they got back more than 70% of our data.

We bought a Seagate Blackarmor RAID drive after that. 

Homerr

There are free programs that can recover some/most of what is on a drive if it can spin up and mount.  If you don't know what you are doing get someone that does to help out.  I've done this many times for others and usually it has pretty good results.

http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm

But overall for $50-60/year something cloud based like Mozy, Crashplan, or even a free Dropbox account are much better options than a physical drive.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

moparstuart

held1823

Quote from: 69_500 on March 27, 2015, 04:11:24 AM
Well it appears it will take me about fifteen years or more to get back all of the information I lost on 500's when my external hard drive crashed yesterday. Lost all pictures and database.

that sucks on so many levels. hopefully there is a way to recover it
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Highbanked Hauler

WOW what a collection of builders !!!!
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

500Jon

Absolutely stunning find!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Two hemi's and yet another blue C500... :2thumbs:
OMG when's it going on ebay lol...
I need that Blue C500. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

tallzag

Added XS29L9B210699, 18 spline trans is at Brewers.  It's in line with other Charger 500's so the VIN should be XX.

RallyeMike

If you don't have some type of confirmation that specific XS VIN is actually a Charger 500, it should NOT be added. There are plenty of gaps in the Charger 500 VIN #s during the production run.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

I'll check when I get home, but for some reason I think that car may already be in the database as an RT.  (which also is not definitive, I'm just saying there may be some more info I can add to shed light on that one) (or not)

RallyeMike

This is the problem with an open data base. It's better than nothing, but it should be consulted with skepticism.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Homerr

Quote from: tallzag on May 22, 2015, 01:37:37 PM
Added XS29L9B210699, 18 spline trans is at Brewers.  It's in line with other Charger 500's so the VIN should be XX.

Thanks for posting tallzag, but I've removed this one.  There is no proof of this one being an XX, really the contrary as you posted it is an XS.  During the production run of the 500 the range of VIN numbers ranges well over 100,000 for all models.

Quote4.  Only change information you know to be incorrect.  Only add info you know to be correct.  No hearsay or 'I guy I know told me...' stuff, try to have photo resources, research, or first-hand knowledge of what is being posted.  Post photo links and source links if you can.

Ghoste

Okay, I got a chance to check finally and that Brewers trans number is in the 69 Registry but I can't shed any other light on it.  I have it in there with a question mark because it does very definitely fall in line with a group of 500's with sequential vins but I have no other information on it.  My personal opinion is that there is a very good chance it is a 500 but with no other info it just can't be claimed as such.  Hopefully one day more information on this one will come to light and it get be placed firmly in one column or the other.