News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger 500 Registry

Started by Homerr, December 26, 2014, 03:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richRTSE

No one else has mentioned it yet, but the engines and trans that were "XS" were restamped with an "X" over the "S", so other than a possible exception or 2 that may have slipped through, I'd say it's not likely it's from an XX car... :Twocents:

tallzag

On any SPD the VIN's for a certain model (X in this case, Charger) are always in order of the VON, so since the Charger 500's had a unique VON if you have a car before it and after it that are known Charger 500's then even though the VIN is listed as XS it should be a Charger 500 on the VIN from Brewer's, FYI.

6bblgt

I agree^

the way VINs were assigned all 1969 Hamtramck cars with VINs from 9B210696 to 9B210760 should be Charger 500s (65 cars), but this is the math that probably leads to GG showing 580 US spec. Charger 500s.  :shruggy:

Ghoste

I agree too but its one of those things where you should not just assume.  We have to know.

red69superbee

6bblgt

I went thru the "REGISTRY", and although as said one can't ASSUME all the cars that were assigned VINs actually got built - it appears:

There are at least 24 groups (of 4 or more) of sequential VIN'd Charger 500s & 30 "loose" VINs - totaling 534 cars.
Barring a typo or transposed numbers 9B210699 was a 4-spd Charger 500 & IMO should be included on this informal "no proof" provided REGISTRY.

cars on the REGISTRY that are "suspect":
9B160610 ***** typo is actually  9B110610
9B165009 ***** transposed numbers is actually 9B156009
9B21710x ***** WAG is one of the 9B217157-9B217202 cars
9B224402 ***** don't know what happened here? it's a sunroof 440 R/T SE
9B360711 ***** DAYTONA

feel free to refute any of the above  :slap:

Homerr

Quote from: red69superbee on May 24, 2015, 08:05:13 PM
heres mine  XX29L9B155997

Thanks!  I added it.  Care to fill in any more info?

Homerr

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 25, 2015, 03:56:06 AMI went thru the "REGISTRY", and although as said one can't ASSUME all the cars that were assigned VINs actually got built - it appears:

There are at least 24 groups (of 4 or more) of sequential VIN'd Charger 500s & 30 "loose" VINs - totaling 534 cars.
Barring a typo or transposed numbers 9B210699 was a 4-spd Charger 500 & IMO should be included on this informal "no proof" provided REGISTRY.

Without this voluntary registry there have been a few with a lot of knowledge and a lot of people with very little.  It'd be great if all 500, Daytona, & Charger owners provided 100% of the documentation to a national registry.  But they don't, and this is what we have for now. YMMV.

Before seeing it here on a spreadsheet I, for one, didn't really understand the groups.  There looks to be a high likelihood that you're correct.  Let's continue to fill in the gaps with known cars and it should become more and more clear which VIN's are missing and most likely cars that were actually built but just not recorded here.

Ideally, over time, we'll have pics of VIN's etc. as proof....I have some ideas about this I'll try out.

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 25, 2015, 03:56:06 AM
cars on the REGISTRY that are "suspect":
9B160610 ***** typo is actually  9B110610
9B165009 ***** transposed numbers is actually 9B156009

You're probably right here on both of these, I appreciate your critical look at the list.  It has needed it.  For now I've added your correction under the Notes column and highlighted these lines.

I've done most of the data entry for this and I'm not going to claim to be 100% error-free.  And the bulk of the VIN's come from pictures of hand typed lists, I also could have perpetuated an old typo.  Maybe even one that had later been corrected but that I haven't seen.  I should really find the source material for this whole list and keep screenshots.

9B21710x ***** WAG is one of the 9B217157-9B217202 cars

WAG...is what?  It must still be early, can you help me out on this.

9B224402 ***** don't know what happened here? it's a sunroof 440 R/T SE

Doing a search I see your post on January 20, 2015 in this thread notes this.  I take a look at this thread regularly but I took your post then as correcting the item so I didn't check it out.  Feel free to correct items that are known to be wrong.  I'm removing this one.  Though, it is interesting to note that it could be the 'bookend' for the XX29J9B224401 group.

9B360711 ***** DAYTONA

feel free to refute any of the above  :slap:

Removed!  Again, if everyone just does this in good faith then I don't have to manage this.  I'm really not the expert that some of you are.  Please just post a record of what you're doing here so anyone can figure out what happened.

Ghoste

WAG is "Wild Assed Guess".  ;)

learical1

220077 had a vinyl top on it in 1975.  it was a factory air car, column automatic. Joe Machado took some pictures of it back in the day, he (or Sean) may still have them.

Bruce

Homerr

Registry Update

1.  You may have noticed that I've started adding tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet for documentation on each car by VIN.  The goal is to have some sort of documentation on every car out there or even pics of destroyed cars.

2.  I've gotten feedback from a couple people about the open-source nature of the registry.  It'll still be open-source and still all visible, but moderated.  I've sent out a few invites for moderators.  I'll update the original post as they are added with who they are so info can be forwarded.

3.  Anyone can still comment on any cell and leave notes for the moderators to address.

Homerr

Just a note that RallyeMike is now a moderator on the registry.

He and I met up this past weekend at the Mopars Unlimited show in Everett, Wa. (just north of Seattle).  It was nice meeting you Mike!

Homerr

Aero426 now added as a moderator.   :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Shameless plug........ Anyone have a C500 for sale? in the 50-ish area?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

red69superbee

XX29L9B155997  is an f8 green and green inside with 440 auto and power steering and no air,  car is gutted and no fender tag so i have to guess on anything else it would have, Thanks for adding to your list  David

CornDogsCharger

How do I need to go about submitting updated photos of 238084? Also, we have original paperwork from Grand Spaulding.  On the registry, it says grainy photo of the fender tag. I can send a new clear photo.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Homerr

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on June 11, 2015, 10:30:40 AM
How do I need to go about submitting updated photos of 238084? Also, we have original paperwork from Grand Spaulding.  On the registry, it says grainy photo of the fender tag. I can send a new clear photo.

Justin
"CornDog"

I'm working on the photo issue, I'll follow up with you when I have it all figured out.

500Jon

Homerr, you still is the MAN!!! :2thumbs:

All your good work has grown the the C-500 list to 300, which is truly wonderful!
The forgotten stepson of the Nascar World has become a slow, but sure, Legend... :coolgleamA:
I am one proud owner of a super-rare 440 4-speed car and feel that after 45 years, its now nearly famous (again)!!! :cheers:
The possible winner of Dega-69, the Charger 500's are beginning to get their true place in Mopar history, at LAST!!! :slap:

More wins than Daytona's and much easier to park at the Qwiky-Mart lol...

5J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

69_500

Just an update. Still working on recovering all my data from the crashed hard drives. Yes it was more than one. I have my complete list back, due to it being backed up on 6 hard drives. Pictures of all the cars I have taken is a different story. They were mainly on a 2 TB hard drive and another 5TB drive. Both are frozen up.

Side note, spoke to Galen and he says he has broadcast/fender tag info for 255 cars.

Homerr

List now stands at 299 VINs (taking out a couple of possible typ-o ones).

Photographic evidence of 54 cars now linked. 

Thanks to everyone that has sent/posted info and pics!

I have more in the works...

Homerr

I've just done a full audit of the spreadsheet and compared fender tags to typed in info - added dates, expanded ext/int color verbiage where I could, and fixed a number of typo's which were probably mostly mine to start with.

If you have any additional information you'd like added or have pics of a car please send them to:

500Jon

Hi Homer and all involved... :angel: :angel: :angel:

As a C500 owner I feel you need a special mention for all you hard work and efforts!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
The once almost forgotten red-headed, step-children of Mopar are being rememembered for thier unique place in Nascar history!!! :pity: :pity: :pity:

Well done to you all... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!