News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

O2 sensor locations

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 04, 2015, 01:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Im getting a O2 sensor and curious would two be better than one and at each  collector?

justcruisin

It depends on what you want the o2 for, is it just for a gauge or do you run an injection system that you want to factor in the o2's. If it is just a gauge just one is fine, I placed mine at around 6" down stream of the collector, I didn't want to weld on my coated headers. Place the sensor at an angle so that any moisture will run out, 10 - 2 o'clock.

1974dodgecharger

it would be more for tuning for optimizing my fuel buring so I guess one will do. thx  :2thumbs:

rt green

if I had a choice, I would get two. I would like to know if one bank is leaner/richer than the other when tuning. 
third string oil changer

1974dodgecharger

alright you convinced me Ill get two....more gauges to look at  :icon_smile_big:

A383Wing

you can't go by one bank in tuning...one side of the carb feeds 2 cylinders on the right bank, and 2 cylinders on the left bank....the other side of carb feeds the remaining 4 cylinders

1974dodgecharger

even better explanation....gonna get two for sure.  will help my troubleshoot also if one bank is doing something wrong like not firing or something.

A383Wing

that it will help in doing, but not carb adjusting for each bank of cylinders