News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A DRIVE SHAFT FOR A 1966 HEMI CAR.

Started by chargerboy69, March 25, 2006, 05:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

I have a 66 Hemi Charger with a 4 spd and a Dana. I do not have a driveshaft for it. What driveshafts will work for this combo I have? I do have a complete  66 318 parts car but I figured the driveshaft would not work. Could I take the 318 driveshaft out of the parts car and have in made into what I need by a shop? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Tim
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

I would find a shop that specializes in custom driveshafts and get a new one made to order.  It isn't that expensive and then you know it's straight and balanced.

hemigeno

Quote from: Ghoste on March 25, 2006, 09:54:43 PM
I would find a shop that specializes in custom driveshafts and get a new one made to order.  It isn't that expensive and then you know it's straight and balanced.

Definitely good advice.  The 318's length is off (52.28" for the Poly vs. 51.40" for the Hemi), and the diameter is smaller (2.75" Poly vs 3.00" Hemi).  They did both use the 7260 (small) U-Joints though.

I wouldn't trust the 318's propshaft personally.

Ghoste

I forgot all about diameter.  Move up to the larger u-joints too.