News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stolen !

Started by RGA, January 21, 2015, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

I agree Myk, but I believe that it is unhealthy for our distressed member to be dealing in an online debate with someone who's not helping the situation.

Chargerguy74

Well I just read this whole thread and what a terrible thing to happen! RGA I hope you get the car back in great shape. I've been in a similar situation and it made me sick to my stomach, hang in there.

Based on what I read here, and not knowing all the details, other than what RGA stated, I think TUFCAT had some great points and I agree with his posts.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

NHCharger

RGA. Just read this, so sorry to hear. Like you I try to fly under the radar with my cars. If I even think someone is following me I won't turn down my road. I have a GPS tracker installed in my 68. It alerts me if the car moves faster than 10 mph and also tracks car. Think I'm going to install those cut offs in all the Chargers.
It sucks we need to spend all this money to protect our own property.
Hope you find your car.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Polygon

Gentlemen, not trying to start a pissing contest, but if you see this Charger, call the police first.

You should have a case #.

www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

moparnation74

Are we innocent until proven guilty or guilty until proven innocent?

A charger is stolen, authorities are involved and the owner is directed by the authorities as to what to do.  He has been a member since 2011 and has posted an ad on CL about the theft.  Yes, there is limited information to go on the CL ad but that is his limitations of posting an ad.  Maybe instead of criticizing him, someone could help him with his limited time/IT capabilties to rectify that.

I understand why he does not want to globally relay his VIN.  Especially, when that will be switched quick or the car is parted out.  Recently, there was a thread posted here, wondering if this 3 black charger in Ohio was my car.  If I posted my VIN to show that it was not, maybe I could be sitting in RGA's shoes right now.  Some may disagree but it is my car, my choice.  The same goes for RGA.

RGA

Quote from: moparnation74 on January 24, 2015, 11:26:24 AM

A charger is stolen, authorities are involved and the owner is directed by the authorities as to what to do.  He has been a member since 2011 and has posted an ad on CL about the theft.  Yes, there is limited information to go on the CL ad but that is his limitations of posting an ad.  Maybe instead of criticizing him, someone could help him with his limited time/IT capabilties to rectify that.

I understand why he does not want to globally relay his VIN.  Especially, when that will be switched quick or the car is parted out.  Recently, there was a thread posted here, wondering if this is my car.  If I posted my VIN to show that it was not, maybe I could be sitting in RGA's right now.  Some may disagree but it is my car, my choice.  The same goes for RGA.

Your car ?

moparnation74

Quote from: RGA on January 24, 2015, 11:35:16 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on January 24, 2015, 11:26:24 AM

A charger is stolen, authorities are involved and the owner is directed by the authorities as to what to do.  He has been a member since 2011 and has posted an ad on CL about the theft.  Yes, there is limited information to go on the CL ad but that is his limitations of posting an ad.  Maybe instead of criticizing him, someone could help him with his limited time/IT capabilties to rectify that.

I understand why he does not want to globally relay his VIN.  Especially, when that will be switched quick or the car is parted out.  Recently, there was a thread posted here, wondering if this is my car.  If I posted my VIN to show that it was not, maybe I could be sitting in RGA's right now.  Some may disagree but it is my car, my choice.  The same goes for RGA.

Your car ?
RGA, I was making a point.  A recent thread was posted about a car in Ohio that matched my car and history.  The person was trying to see if it was.  Sometimes you can be duped into posting your VIN and in turn they can find out where you live.  Thats what I meant.

moparnation74

Here is that thread http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,115790.0.html

I changed my wording in the original post so you can understand what I meant. 

Ghoste

And I agree with your point (thats why I won't publish VINs or owners in the 69 Registry) but if the car is already stolen then it can't be restolen.  Not from the original owner anyway.  It's 100% his choice and I fully respect but if it were mine, the world would know the VIN.  Even if all i accomplished was making the bastards do ten seconds more work.

RGA

Quote from: moparnation74 on January 24, 2015, 11:41:36 AM
Here is that thread http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,115790.0.html

I changed my wording in the original post so you can understand what I meant. 

Gotcha, nice car !

6bblgt

Yep, I was trolling for a car to steal  :flame: & not an opportunity to post a couple pics of a friend's original paint 22" radiator triple black stripe DELETE R/T from 25 years ago.

All I know is: if 5 years from now, a red '69 Charger showed up at MATS with this green car's VIN on it - I would have info that it was stolen in 2015 from New Mexico, w/o - it's a red Charger.  :scratchchin:

Alaskan_TA

Maybe the insurance value is more that the car is really worth?

If I had a car stolen, photos of the VIN, the car inside & out, body numbers, license plate & everything would be posted, along with a contact number for the case officer's department.

TUFCAT

That was my position.  I also found it strange that so much detailed information was posted about how it was stolen, than actually about the car itself.  Information about the incident is nice, but not necessary. Those details wouldn't help anyone concentrate on finding the car.  

To show my heart was in the right place, I was the first member to post pictures of the car in an effort to help locate it.  :icon_smile_cool:  The details and licence plate number is here if anyone cares...

Quote from: RGA on January 21, 2015, 09:51:28 PM
Sorry. Still in shock. I've been driving around all day looking for it. Thanks for loading the pics. It had factory steeleis on it now. My dad is in town visiting so he needed to borrow my ramcharger this morning . So I warm up the charger and back it out of the garage. Pull the keys out and go inside to get my daughter to take her to school. I'm standing in my living room and I here my car fire up. Now my uncle is also visiting and he is staying in his RV in the driveway so I thaught for a second that he is messing with me (spare keys stashed). Looking out the window and I see it start to move. So I run for the door, open the drawer in my end table where I keep my 45 and realize I put it in the safe last night (worried with the kids around) . So I go running outside , at this point his halfway into the street and sees me coming . He tries to through it from reverse to drive and has a hard time ( b&m shifter with lock out) I jump onto the cowl (panicking ) then I get down and try to open passenger door (locked). He finds drive and is gone, through the yard over the curb. Worst morning of my life. The license is 550ska, I'm not posting the vin on the Internet but it starts with xs29l. I figured it's the only one in the state of new Mexico and probably single digets in the country that looks like this . And yes....... It was perfect.

Drache

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 24, 2015, 01:10:16 PM
All I know is: if 5 years from now, a red '69 Charger showed up at MATS with this green car's VIN on it - I would have info that it was stolen in 2015 from New Mexico, w/o - it's a red Charger.  :scratchchin:

I remember reading of a Charger years ago which was stolen. The owner posted the VIN for us all and the car was eventually found because someone happened to find the matching engine or rad support or something along those lines that had the stolen cars VIN on it (car was numbers matching) ? Police tracked it back. Anyone else remember that?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Steve P.

I believe all of this speculation is a TIME RELATED thing... Meaning that right now the vin isn't going to help any of us find the car. If it is not found in reasonable time I am sure the vin and anything else pertinent will be revealed. I also would NOT put out the vin right now because I'd be hoping the car is found whole. Not in pieces. So please guys, give the man a break and lets keep looking for the car.

The MATS is coming up soon. The chances of the entire car showing up there is pretty nil. Parts, maybe. This car needs to be found before it comes to that.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RGA

Quote from: Steve P. on January 24, 2015, 06:40:30 PM
I believe all of this speculation is a TIME RELATED thing... Meaning that right now the vin isn't going to help any of us find the car. If it is not found in reasonable time I am sure the vin and anything else pertinent will be revealed. I also would NOT put out the vin right now because I'd be hoping the car is found whole. Not in pieces. So please guys, give the man a break and lets keep looking for the car.

The MATS is coming up soon. The chances of the entire car showing up there is pretty nil. Parts, maybe. This car needs to be found before it comes to that.

Exactly. Thank you .

RECHRGD

Regardless of all this debate about methods of getting the word out.  The word is out to police and social media to a extent that he has been instructed to do.  I'm sure he's putting in all effort available to him.  I just get sick as the time ticks on though.  As of now, the car could be in some garage two blocks away, or on a container ship going to God knows where.....
13.53 @ 105.32

72Charger-SE

First let me say that I am truly sorry you are dealing with your life long dream car being stolen...  My heart aches for you and your loss.  At the same time I think we should all look at ways to learn from your horrible situation...

This thread got me to thinking and researching...   The system shown is the same one that Best Buy has available for $339.  It is a Swann DVR with 4 night vision cameras.  Does anyone else use cameras to keep watch on their Charger?

lukedukem

My brother uses this system for his house. He works out of town and he comes home on weekends. He's single at the moment and he lives in a sketchy part of town. He likes it a lot. It's also a deterrent when you walk up on the back or front door and see a camera staring at you. He also hid some too.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

72Charger-SE

Quote from: lukedukem on January 24, 2015, 08:00:32 PM
My brother uses this system for his house. He works out of town and he comes home on weekends. He's single at the moment and he lives in a sketchy part of town. He likes it a lot. It's also a deterrent when you walk up on the back or front door and see a camera staring at you. He also hid some too.

Luke

Luke, I actually have the 8 camera system for my home.  It has amazing quality both day & night in addition to being color in the day time it was a small investment to keep watch over the exterior doors and my family.  I added a PTZ camera last month for more $ but it really is awesome to pan around the front of the house/street and zoom in on license plates on cars driving by the house.

I have already planned adding two cameras to the garage.  The OP's situation makes me think doing it sooner is better than waiting... 

TUFCAT

I think the GPS tracking idea for cars is the best thing I've heard so far.  :yesnod:

I recently found out you can buy hidden ones that are hard-wired with battery back-ups that lasts up to 12-hours, even after the car is turned off.

The nicer ones sell for about $200.

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/brickhouse+hct+pro+plus.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&from=fn

Here's one for about $120

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/brickhouse+hct+plus.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&from=fn

Also, for newer cars with OBD, there's this one for around $90

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/trackport+gps+tracker.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&from=fn

This is just one companies stuff and lots of other choices out there.  Checkout Amazon or just google GPS automobile tracking and shop around.  

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

TUFCAT

Thanks....and those are really cheap too!!  I wasn't up to speed on these little things, but I do like the idea.  On a car application, I think a battery back-up is a must have.

RGA

Weird things that would stand out on my car in a croud of chargers . Exhaust has manual cutouts and round slash cut tips, ceramic headers passenger side hits in idle in gear, driver headlight door is slow, small nothing debt where glass guy kneeled on my quarter installing rear glass, small corner of driver side grill broken behind bumper (otherwise perfect grill) plymouth steering wheel, motor was a 76 (built it in high school for a 70 super bee) truck water pump housing so lower outlet is on the wrong side and there is a crazy long weird lower radiator hose. Wipers don't park (3 speed motor 2 speed switch ) drilled slotted rotors and manual brakes. New bumpers new glass. Right quarter and tail panel were replaced.

Just in case it gets painted and moved . These things would make it kinda stand out. Vin was correct in all 3 places, no fender tag.

lukedukem

I was Fixin to ask if there were any things that would be unique to the car. That water pump and radiator hose thing would stand out. I live in south texas and drive in all directions for my job everyday. I'll keep a lookout, incase it's headed for border. But it might be hard to get it across I'm not sure how that could work for the thieve.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC