News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stolen !

Started by RGA, January 21, 2015, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6spd68

Any luck locating your Charger?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

tan top

every  time I see , an update to this thread  , i'm hoping that when I click on it  ,  RGA's chargers been found intacked  :yesnod:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

myk

Would insurance have settled this by now?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

303 Mopar

Quote from: myk on September 17, 2015, 03:02:50 PM

Insurance was asking that he send in his keys a while ago (previous post) but he was reluctant to do so.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 303 Mopar on September 17, 2015, 04:15:25 PM
Quote from: myk on September 17, 2015, 03:02:50 PM

Insurance was asking that he send in his keys a while ago (previous post) but he was reluctant to do so.
I wonder why?  :confused:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dresdon Acacin

Oh gawd..I cannot fathom the way that would feel to have happen  :'(

Best of luck, hope your mopars returned and the perps go missing  :flame:
If theres one thing I like more than armour it's chargers
https://www.facebook.com/dresdon.acacin

oldschoolrt

some seem surprised that a 3 foot piece of wire with to alligator clips and screw driver ....10 seconds and your gone ... did it to my own car twice ...you need a battery cut off switch hidden to be safe ....or go to a 70 column

sad to here will keep an eye out in ohio

madgus2000

I hope you catch the sob, and cut his nuts off.   :hack:
1968 Hemi Charger R/T Red
1968 Hemi Charger R/T Silver
1968 Hemi Charger R/T White
1969 Daytona XX
2006 Daytona 057-200 TorRed

RGA

Still haven't found the car. There is a 70 here in town looks almost like mine, I saw it a couple weeks ago and my heart stopped, then I realized it was a 70. One day I will get another one, I have 2 young kids now so no time to do another complete resto... But doesn't stop me from looking and dreaming.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

RGA

So.... Last night searching craigslist I found someone selling 69 charger parts. Mine. I call friends at the sheriffs department and they go out there today. Long story short I got part of my car back. I got the hood, fenders, doors, deck lid, cluster and grill. oh yea and the rear window regulators (still attached to part of the quarters) so the cut them out with a torch. Didn't find the rest of the car, didn't arrest anyone (this guy got it from that guy who got it from another guy ). After seeing the torch work I know the rest has to be cut up somewhere too, so I'm never gona see her again. Very depressing day.

The insurance paid me for the car right away so I got that, but I would rather have the car.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: RGA on December 09, 2015, 07:41:33 PM
So.... Last night searching craigslist I found someone selling 69 charger parts. Mine. I call friends at the sheriffs department and they go out there today. Long story short I got part of my car back. I got the hood, fenders, doors, deck lid, cluster and grill. oh yea and the rear window regulators (still attached to part of the quarters) so the cut them out with a torch. Didn't find the rest of the car, didn't arrest anyone (this guy got it from that guy who got it from another guy ). After seeing the torch work I know the rest has to be cut up somewhere too, so I'm never gona see her again. Very depressing day.

The insurance paid me for the car right away so I got that, but I would rather have the car.

Sorry to hear that. That's a damn shame..... :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

XH29N0G

Very sorry to hear all of this. The whole thing is just plain wrong.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Steve P.

I sure hope the police are not just ending the search for the original bastard...

It completely sucks that any of this happened to begin with, but at least you have some answer. Even if it's not the one you were looking for..

How far away were these parts??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

birdsandbees

Guy selling knew exactly what he had... they should cuff the bastard until he squeals!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

BIGBLCK11

Sorry, that is bittersweet. You have some answers, but not good ones.  Isn't that receiving stolen property? 

hemi-hampton

Sorry to hear all this. The guy selling the parts should know something, is it that easy to get away with it by saying I got it from some guy that said he got it from some other guy :shruggy: LEON.

polywideblock

that really sux   :flame:   

receiving stolen property is an  offence over here  that can put you "inside"  is it an offence over there  ?

have him charged and offer to "make a deal " tell us where the rest is and who did it and you walk   :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mike DC

Maybe the seller knew or maybe he didn't.  Like we all go around checking every part we buy for this?

Still, it's worth squeezing him for info to backtrack it.

skip68

Sorry.   Better to know than torture yourself for years looking at every car you see and checking the vin.   One less charger.    :flame:  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Sorry.   Better to know than torture yourself for years looking at every car you see and checking the vin.   One less charger.    :flame:  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

I'm at a loss of words.   :rotz:

TPR

As others have said, lousy news, but at least you have a better idea of its fate.
Sounds like BS to me that they can't threaten the seller and then follow a trail backwards. Email or phone records could do the trick. No one probably wants to do the leg work.

One other thing, how were you able to prove that those parts were yours?

If I were you, I would not give up looking, as you still might find other valuable parts up for sale.
Again, sorry about the news.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

charger Downunder

Sad to hear, was it far from your place and did you recognize the guy who had the parts.
[/quote]

6spd68

The no arrests part is bullsh!t IMO...  North American justice at it's finest.  :rotz: 

Then again, is there ever truly justice for car guys?  I feel they're usually quick to ditch helping car guys, but even quicker to throw the book at us over some foolishness; based on my encounters with Toronto's finest at least.

I hope there's some further justice for you, even if it is vigilante in nature...
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."