News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what shift kit should i buy

Started by Stegs, January 26, 2015, 08:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegs

well i feel spring is shortly around the corner, time to start ordering some parts for the charger

I have the 727, want to wake it up with a shift kit

Im hoping to get some honest reviews from you guys....

what one should i buy?

I see , b&m with trans packs, shift kits........ transgo tf1, tf2, and tf3?

Wondering if you guys could help me out, looking for snappy, quick shifts, but i want to make the trans last as long as possible. I heard these are better for the trans too

let me know your opinions  :popcrn:

John_Kunkel

The Transgo TF-2 is the best bang for the buck. The TF-3 is full manual kit. (no automatic function)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

72Charger-SE

I installed the Trango TF-2 in my transmission.   I hope to try it out sometime this fall...

fy469rtse

I've used it now in three performance tran's,
I'm happy with there stuff, good shit changes, and a degree of adjustability  :2thumbs:

Stegs

tf-2 is what im going to order!

thanks guys!

moparnation74

myk

What will this shift kit do for the 'trans, and is that good or bad for it?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Stegs

Quote from: myk on January 27, 2015, 11:02:37 AM
What will this shift kit do for the 'trans, and is that good or bad for it?

a shift kit will basically take a auto trans and wake it up

Instead of having a slushbox for a trans, this builds like pressure and makes your shifts snappy, very quick, firm etc...

Its suppose to be better for the trans b/c you get less slippage, it makes it grab and hold.

I really need spring to get here

moparnation74

The kit will allow for quicker shifts that will reduce wear, heat on the gear/friction elements.