News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My free 69 charger R/T ....

Started by Pat1973charger, January 26, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Pic of Problem area. LEON.

Pat1973charger

Thanks for uploading the pic Leon.

hemi-hampton

I was cutting off a Quarter panel from a 71 SS Chevelle Convertible yesterday & noticed it's factory gap that was leaded was pretty big & wide. Took a picture just for you. LEON.

D69charger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 13, 2015, 01:16:13 AM
Quote from: Pat1973charger on February 13, 2015, 12:04:26 AM
here it is after all the paperwork and emails and phone calls its officially mine, time to get dirty! :hack:  :cheers:

:cheers: Congrats! I've been struggling with ICBC here in B.C to get a title for my 1970 Coronet. It was last registered in Alberta so it's causing some issues. If it was registered in B.C last, I'd already have the title but the Alberta thing is throwing a wrench in it all.

Mine was the exact opposite of your situation.  My 69 charger was last registered in B.C. and I bought it in Alberta.  I had to get a repaired title... didn't matter to me though... because I have my dream car!!

Pat1973charger

Thanks Leon. Seems as though the gap may be just an aftermarket thing. Probabaly doesn't help I have two different manufacturers do the rocker and quarter.

SmashingPunkFan

What's the code for this paint color? I really like it
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV.
Projects:
1970 Dodge Charger SE (Main Project)
1973 Dodge Charger 400 cid. (Work in progress)
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter 4 cyl.

Looking for Seat tracks for bucket seats.

Pat1973charger

The green that my car was originally? I am pretty sure it is F8.

SmashingPunkFan

Quote from: Pat1973charger on April 01, 2016, 09:28:22 PM
The green that my car was originally? I am pretty sure it is F8.

Yes, the original green is very cool looking.
Btw, this whole thread is damn impressive. I can't wait to see the finished product man. Good luck!
Projects:

Pat1973charger

Thanks, I have been at it a decent amount lately but small tedious patch work. Fabbed some rear lower window channel pieces and sectioned a piece into the lower roof structure on the left side. I also fabricated a new package tray end support for the left side, years with no back window left water pooling in the corners and rotted it away in the left side. Right side was solid because the way it was twisted from the accident allowed the water to flow off of it. My car will be going the original F8 green when done.

Pat1973charger

here we go, an update finally! I have been at the car just haven't had chance to make and update. Since last update I fabbed a new package tray end support for the left side as it was rotten. Also patched the rear roof inner structure pieces.

Pat1973charger

Here are the rest of the photos. You can see I swapped in the roof and firewall from the satellite. Also pics of the roof structure repairs, in the one pic you can see the transition that needs to be welded where the satellite roof structure is being grafted to the charger to make the rear window right. I had new front frame rails and door hinge pillars but came across a guy selling this whole front clip which is supposed to be from a 68 hemi road runner. Who knows what it's from as numbers are cut out but all I care is its rust free and already 3/4 blasted! Saves me a lot of work as everything is fully assembled so I will
Probabaly remove the satellite firewall I installed and swap this in at the a pillers.

Pat1973charger

I removed the rotten front frame rails and inner fenders to get ready to swap in the new front clip. Also I fitted the rear roof structure pieces around the rear window. i test fit the quarters and roof skin to make sure the window opening worked also test the glass.

last night I removed what was left of the rotten rear rails, seat pan and trunk floor.

Pat1973charger

sorry for the long update guys. Tonight I didn't have a lot of time but I did a quick slap together of the rear end parts. Considering I didn't work at all to make anything fit perfectly I am considerably happy with the trial.

hemi-hampton

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Pat1973charger

Thanks guys, it's nice to see some new pieces in place. Right now it's a trial and error thing putting pieces on and taking them off to make sure everything is lining up just how it should. Then I'll weld all the structure pieces and floors home and it'll be solid enough to take the jig off its levelling legs and roll outside to finish the blasting.

djcarguy

keepat

Very nice! Love seeing your progress keep up the great work!
Pat

mopar4don

Quote from: keepat on September 08, 2016, 11:34:59 PM
Very nice! Love seeing your progress keep up the great work!
Pat
I agree with Pat

timmycharger

Pat1973charger

Thanks! Don so wish I would have had a rear frame section to work with like you did! Your build thread was the one that inspired me to even attempt to fix this thing. I have a question for those who've installed trunk pans. How far should the trunk floor stick out past the rear crossmember if there is even suppose to be any overhang at all? My original was rotted completely away in this area so I could not tell.

tsmithae

I believe it should be pretty much flush.

This picture shows how my pan was bent at the wrong spot and had to be reworked.

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Pat1973charger

New parts! I had bought rear spring mounts already but in reading through various threads found out they were fro a plymouth. when I ordered them the website said 66-70 b body plymouth and dodge. I am just glad I found this out before I welded or got to paint. when i placed the order for the mounts I ordered the deck filler and a rear upper roof bow (roof bow back ordered). I managed to cut out what was left of the rotted front floor and trial fitted the seat pan.

SmashingPunkFan

Quote from: Pat1973charger on September 07, 2016, 11:00:23 PM
sorry for the long update guys. Tonight I didn't have a lot of time but I did a quick slap together of the rear end parts. Considering I didn't work at all to make anything fit perfectly I am considerably happy with the trial.

Shes coming along there. Keep up the good work man! 😀
Projects:

MxRacer855