News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Valence J-Nuts...do they go on the fender edge or on the valence itself?

Started by Mfr426, March 26, 2006, 08:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all, Mike here in Reading putting the finishing touches on my 69. I have a new repro'd valence and a new front valence bolt and J-nut kit. Since it's been about 10 years since this was taken apart I am at a loss for the location of these J-nuts.

Do they snap into the bolt holes on the fender or do they snap the the holes on the valence? Which side does the bolt mount? Do they come in from side the fender or do they install from under the car??? It looks like the valence has indentations to allow for the thickness of the J-nut so I'm inclined to think that they install in that area on the valence.

Any help or old original pics would be much appreciated!

For those that have asked I will have pics coming soon of my completed car! The last item (ok, at least for now) is my steering wheel which is out getting restored.

Thanks all!

Mike R in Reading PA

y3chargerrt

Mike, No pics here but the j clips go into the fender and lower core support.Bolts go through the holes in the valance. Ron

Mfr426