News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wilwood Discs?

Started by Charger4404spd, February 23, 2015, 09:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-140-11020dr

Been looking at replacing the front drum brakes on Ole Red and this is the kit I am considering. Any of you guys use this kit?
Would like some advice on a master cyl / prop valve to use also.

MxRacer855

Just bought the 12.19"/4-Piston front kit!

Installing it tomorrow. Looks incredible. Great quality.  :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Patronus

Wish I could've talked ya out of Willwoods. Some like em. I've had nothing but problems.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Charger4404spd

Quote from: MxRacer855 on February 24, 2015, 12:01:41 AM
Just bought the 12.19"/4-Piston front kit!

Installing it tomorrow. Looks incredible. Great quality.  :2thumbs:

Please let me know how it went. What master cylinder and prop valve are you using?

bill440rt

I would consider their 6-piston kit over the 4-piston for more braking power, especially in a car the size of a Charger.
I have Wilwood's 6-piston kit combined with their disc/disc MC and a Hydroboost. Prop valve is a GM-style disc/disc valve. System is very well balanced, great braking power!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger4404spd

I have considered the 6 piston kit, its not much more than the 4 piston kit. I will be keeping it a manual system, maybe added discs to the Dana in the future.

bill440rt

Quote from: Charger4404spd on February 26, 2015, 10:51:24 AM
I have considered the 6 piston kit, its not much more than the 4 piston kit. I will be keeping it a manual system, maybe added discs to the Dana in the future.

Wilwood does offer a disc/drum MC designed to work with their kit.
If you plan on adding rear discs in the future, you will have to swap out the MC again to a disc/disc unit as well as the prop valve.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger4404spd