News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Antenna Cable

Started by 69hemidaytona, March 13, 2015, 11:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

I bought and NOS antenna cable for a 69 B body. The rubber grommet that plugs the hole in the body is glued to the cable so that it can't move. It's glued only about a foot from the end that plugs into the radio. I'm wondering if the original cables had the grommet glued on to the cable and if so how far is it from the end of the cable?

comet_666

I think there are differences between generic B body antennas and Charger antennas. Post a pic.

ODZKing

I have seen that a lot, they are seldom in the correct place.  When would the radio be 12 inches from the kick panel.
I'd cut it and move it or send it back.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: ODZKing on March 14, 2015, 09:00:33 AM
I have seen that a lot, they are seldom in the correct place.  When would the radio be 12 inches from the kick panel.
I'd cut it and move it or send it back.
I ended up twisting on the grommet and broke it loose so it can be slid into the right place. You're right that it doesn't make any sense to glue it so close the the end. :shruggy:

69hemidaytona

I just noticed that there is a large difference in the overall length of some of the antenna cables. could anybody tell me what the length is on a 69 B body antenna cable? thanks a lot.

68moparbob

Does anyone reproduce those grommets?  I have not been able to find them.

ODZKing

Quote from: 68moparbob on April 11, 2015, 10:19:02 PM
Does anyone reproduce those grommets?  I have not been able to find them.
There was a fellow who had a box full of used ones at Carlisle last year.  He had all sorts of plugs, grommets etc. I got a couple other things from him and took one of his cards.  I have tried numerous times to contact them either by phone OR email and heard nothing back.
Also I tried looking him/them up in the directory and as is many times with Carlisle they weren't listed. Well they weren't listed by that name anyway.
But if you can wait until July ... they've been there every year so far.