News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

After 30 years my first Charger 500

Started by generallee16, March 30, 2015, 11:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

generallee16

I recently bought my first Charger 500. I sold my Superbird in 1984 and was looking to buy another one so this came up and I passed on it back then. This time I did not pass. It happens to be my favorite color T-5 and even better it is a 4spd. It will be in good company next to the General Lee. I tried to post pictures but seem like the file is to large.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: generallee16 on March 30, 2015, 11:16:29 PM
I recently bought my first Charger 500. I sold my Superbird in 1984 and was looking to buy another one so this came up and I passed on it back then. This time I did not pass. It happens to be my favorite color T-5 and even better it is a 4spd. It will be in good company next to the General Lee. I tried to post pictures but seem like the file is to large.
What year?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

C500

Congratulations... I'm guessing this was the one posted here recently, nice car.  :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

500Jon

Welcome 'General' to the rarest of the rare, 4-speed Charger-500 club!
More commonly known as the Aero club lol...
T-5 is a wonderful color and you are a lucky Guy to get her so Cheap!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

chargerman69

So your the lucky one that got it
I didn't even get a chance at it was gone on a cruise that week

PlainfieldCharger

generallee16

Thank you and it was the perfect car for me in great shape and just a few miles away. I had it looked at and all it needed was a battery for now drives great. I do plan on repainting it in the Fall as it is a keeper. Not sure about the wheels though I may change them. There are lots of options looking at the recall wheels as one of them.

hemi68charger

.... This time I did not pass. It happens to be my favorite color T-5 and even better it is a 4spd. ...

Soooo, you're the guy Mike sold it too !!!  :2thumbs:

Having owned a T7 4speed C500, I can tell you it'll be FUN !!!!

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mopar Nut

Very nice, good color too, congrats!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

1970Moparmann

Congrats!  Looked like it was a deal.....
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Beep Beep Dave

That's a fine looking machine, congrats :2thumbs:
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

moparchris

That's a great looking 500.  Congrats :cheers:  If I hadn't bought a car a couple of months ago, I would have been all over that Charger.

generallee16

I drove it all day plan on enjoying it this Summer and then putting a knock out paint job on it in the Fall then I will be scared to drive it😯 Three people actually knew what it was surprisingly. One guy said wow a 500 those are rare! Chris did you buy a 500 ot something else?

ws23rt

:2thumbs: :cheers: Running across someone in the general public that knows what a 69500 is?-- As rare as the car.

richRTSE

Congrats Generallee16 looks like you got a nice car there. I love the color combo.

:cheers:

tan top

congratulations !!  :cheers:  awesome stuff  :drool5:  ..... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger_fan_4ever

Kool story, so you missed buying this same car in the past. How long ago?

generallee16

It was after I sold my Superbird like late 80,s. I remember the price was 14,500. I was looking more for another wing car so I said not a bad price but I'll wait. I looked at lots of 500,s back in the day I remember I found one for $1500 in rough shape. This car was in the area but not seen a lot.

I have someone who wants the Magnums so I may just buy a quick set of hubcaps for the Summer. I like the Dodge Division ones with the holes on the outside. Or even the one with all the ridges in them. Any recommendations?

richRTSE

If you're gonna go with hubcaps, I say you have to go with the dodge dog dish ones with the redline and painted steel wheels...

moparstuart

Quote from: richRTSE on April 02, 2015, 05:30:29 PM
If you're gonna go with hubcaps, I say you have to go with the dodge dog dish ones with the redline and painted steel wheels...

or go with these polara hub caps  they look fantastic and ended up on some 500's from the factory 

C500

Quote from: moparstuart on April 03, 2015, 05:48:41 AM
Quote from: richRTSE on April 02, 2015, 05:30:29 PM

or go with these polara hub caps  they look fantastic and ended up on some 500's from the factory 

:iagree:

They were one option given when the Kelsey Hayes recall wheels were returned. Come in 15"
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

generallee16

Wow Moparstuart those are the ones I always liked. With a set of redline tires that is one cool look. Does anyone have a set of those in mint condition? I think they were 15 inch right?

moparchris

Quote from: generallee16 on April 01, 2015, 06:54:01 PM
I drove it all day plan on enjoying it this Summer and then putting a knock out paint job on it in the Fall then I will be scared to drive it😯 Three people actually knew what it was surprisingly. One guy said wow a 500 those are rare! Chris did you buy a 500 ot something else?

Sorry it taken awhile to get back on this thread.  I bought something a little bit more "hi-tech".  I picked up a mint 1999 Viper GTS coupe with 6,200 original miles.  It's um... different from a 69 Charger :icon_smile_big:

generallee16

Nice congrats on the Viper. Moparstuart I just bought a nice set of the Dodge Division hubcaps for $100 with shipping. Great deal. Now I quess I need to find a set of 15 inch wheels and redline tires and I am in business. Does anyone know the right size tire?

odcics2

F-70-15 was the original size.   
If you are staying with the stock look, consider NOT going radial, in this case...  :Twocents:

moparstuart

Quote from: odcics2 on April 06, 2015, 04:20:19 AM
If you are staying with the stock look, consider NOT going radial, in this case...  :Twocents:
but if your going to drive it , get the updates redline Radials   :icon_smile_big:

generallee16

I am going to drive the car so maybe I should get radials. So I bought 15 inch hubcaps now I need 15 inch steel wheels and redlines. Where can I get the redlines and does anyone have extra wheels?

odcics2

Quote from: moparstuart on April 06, 2015, 05:37:48 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on April 06, 2015, 04:20:19 AM
but if your going to drive it , get the updates redline Radials   :icon_smile_big:

But, if you want to re-live the way they really drove get the belted tires!   :rofl:

I remember the following lines in the road!!   oh, loosen up the steering box, too!  lol...  :nana:

moparstuart

Quote from: generallee16 on April 06, 2015, 09:56:11 AM
I am going to drive the car so maybe I should get radials. So I bought 15 inch hubcaps now I need 15 inch steel wheels and redlines. Where can I get the redlines and does anyone have extra wheels?
http://www.dbtires.com/      Diamond Back make the radials

generallee16

Thanks and what size tires would you recommend for the car?

generallee16

Ok so I got the hubcaps in the mail. It's the Dodge Division ones with 8 holes along the perimeter a circle in the middle says Dodge Division with a black outline and a red circle I'm sure you know what they are they were on the Dodge Polaras to. So do I need to just buy a set of steel 15x7 wheels and going stock would be F70x215x15 red line tires? Thanks just don't want to make a mistake.

moparstuart

Quote from: generallee16 on April 10, 2015, 10:34:01 AM
Ok so I got the hubcaps in the mail. It's the Dodge Division ones with 8 holes along the perimeter a circle in the middle says Dodge Division with a black outline and a red circle I'm sure you know what they are they were on the Dodge Polaras to. So do I need to just buy a set of steel 15x7 wheels and going stock would be F70x215x15 red line tires? Thanks just don't want to make a mistake.
be sure and get wheels that will take a full hub cap and not just the small dog dish ones ,  the full hub caps wont fit on some wheels

generallee16

On the Cooker wheel site there's a Mopar Standard along with a Chrysler Police Wheel. Looks like the Mopar Standard. Bummer those are twice the money😕

moparstuart

Quote from: generallee16 on April 11, 2015, 12:10:58 AM
On the Cooker wheel site there's a Mopar Standard along with a Chrysler Police Wheel. Looks like the Mopar Standard. Bummer those are twice the money😕
there you go i didnt know what to call them