News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

After 30 years my first Charger 500

Started by generallee16, March 30, 2015, 11:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

generallee16

Wow Moparstuart those are the ones I always liked. With a set of redline tires that is one cool look. Does anyone have a set of those in mint condition? I think they were 15 inch right?

moparchris

Quote from: generallee16 on April 01, 2015, 06:54:01 PM
I drove it all day plan on enjoying it this Summer and then putting a knock out paint job on it in the Fall then I will be scared to drive it😯 Three people actually knew what it was surprisingly. One guy said wow a 500 those are rare! Chris did you buy a 500 ot something else?

Sorry it taken awhile to get back on this thread.  I bought something a little bit more "hi-tech".  I picked up a mint 1999 Viper GTS coupe with 6,200 original miles.  It's um... different from a 69 Charger :icon_smile_big:

generallee16

Nice congrats on the Viper. Moparstuart I just bought a nice set of the Dodge Division hubcaps for $100 with shipping. Great deal. Now I quess I need to find a set of 15 inch wheels and redline tires and I am in business. Does anyone know the right size tire?

odcics2

F-70-15 was the original size.   
If you are staying with the stock look, consider NOT going radial, in this case...  :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

moparstuart

Quote from: odcics2 on April 06, 2015, 04:20:19 AM
If you are staying with the stock look, consider NOT going radial, in this case...  :Twocents:
but if your going to drive it , get the updates redline Radials   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

generallee16

I am going to drive the car so maybe I should get radials. So I bought 15 inch hubcaps now I need 15 inch steel wheels and redlines. Where can I get the redlines and does anyone have extra wheels?

odcics2

Quote from: moparstuart on April 06, 2015, 05:37:48 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on April 06, 2015, 04:20:19 AM
but if your going to drive it , get the updates redline Radials   :icon_smile_big:

But, if you want to re-live the way they really drove get the belted tires!   :rofl:

I remember the following lines in the road!!   oh, loosen up the steering box, too!  lol...  :nana:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

moparstuart

Quote from: generallee16 on April 06, 2015, 09:56:11 AM
I am going to drive the car so maybe I should get radials. So I bought 15 inch hubcaps now I need 15 inch steel wheels and redlines. Where can I get the redlines and does anyone have extra wheels?
http://www.dbtires.com/      Diamond Back make the radials

generallee16

Thanks and what size tires would you recommend for the car?

generallee16

Ok so I got the hubcaps in the mail. It's the Dodge Division ones with 8 holes along the perimeter a circle in the middle says Dodge Division with a black outline and a red circle I'm sure you know what they are they were on the Dodge Polaras to. So do I need to just buy a set of steel 15x7 wheels and going stock would be F70x215x15 red line tires? Thanks just don't want to make a mistake.

moparstuart

Quote from: generallee16 on April 10, 2015, 10:34:01 AM
Ok so I got the hubcaps in the mail. It's the Dodge Division ones with 8 holes along the perimeter a circle in the middle says Dodge Division with a black outline and a red circle I'm sure you know what they are they were on the Dodge Polaras to. So do I need to just buy a set of steel 15x7 wheels and going stock would be F70x215x15 red line tires? Thanks just don't want to make a mistake.
be sure and get wheels that will take a full hub cap and not just the small dog dish ones ,  the full hub caps wont fit on some wheels

generallee16

On the Cooker wheel site there's a Mopar Standard along with a Chrysler Police Wheel. Looks like the Mopar Standard. Bummer those are twice the money😕

moparstuart

Quote from: generallee16 on April 11, 2015, 12:10:58 AM
On the Cooker wheel site there's a Mopar Standard along with a Chrysler Police Wheel. Looks like the Mopar Standard. Bummer those are twice the money😕
there you go i didnt know what to call them