News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX29J vs XS29J

Started by mopar_man, April 06, 2015, 03:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_man

Simple question  :   Were all Daytonas   XX29  cars or were there any XS29 cars ?

Ghoste

The Daytonas were all XX

hemigeno

Quote from: Ghoste on April 06, 2015, 03:30:19 PM
The Daytonas were all XX

:iagree:

The only exception I've seen so far is 287970, which is "XX" on the (replacement) dash VIN and "XS" on the fender tag & broadcast sheet.  There are reasons why that car's exceptions are OK - but the short answer to your question is "XX29".

69 DAYTONA

...my first DAYTONA was registered and titled as an XS when it was new, I never even noticed it when I purchased it in 1980...apparently there was no XX available in the books for Indiana to use and they assumed it was just a typo...it was corrected in 1988 when I sold the car...the vin and fender tags always said XX, just a bookkeeping error of sorts

hemigeno

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on April 06, 2015, 03:53:18 PM
...my first DAYTONA was registered and titled as an XS when it was new, I never even noticed it when I purchased it in 1980...apparently there was no XX available in the books for Indiana to use and they assumed it was just a typo...it was corrected in 1988 when I sold the car...the vin and fender tags always said XX, just a bookkeeping error of sorts

I'm pretty sure Chrysler generated all of the Daytona MSO's to read "XS" rather than "XX".  Your experience in Indiana matches the same problem I found in Missouri.  The Dressler Motors Daytona's MSO still shows XS, as does the Brockton Dodge's, IIRC.

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on April 06, 2015, 03:39:22 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on April 06, 2015, 03:30:19 PM
The Daytonas were all XX

:iagree:

The only exception I've seen so far is 287970, which is "XX" on the (replacement) dash VIN and "XS" on the fender tag & broadcast sheet.  There are reasons why that car's exceptions are OK - but the short answer to your question is "XX29".

there is a Daytona with XP  out there   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mopar_man

Ok , thanks for the info , just another question .  did creative industries  install  the XX29  dash tag and fender tag?  the reason why I ask is my friends XX29J car  has an authentic shipping order which says XS29J. how did the factory ship a car , get through customs , get received by a dealer with the shipping order and the dash tag not matching ??

69_500

Is the car in question a Daytona or a 500? Many of the 500's has XS on the shipping orders, as well as on the window stickers.

mopar_man

No ,the car is a Daytona, the original owner is a good friend of mine and I've known the car from new.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: mopar_man on April 06, 2015, 08:47:41 PM
Ok , thanks for the info , just another question .  did creative industries  install  the XX29  dash tag and fender tag?  the reason why I ask is my friends XX29J car  has an authentic shipping order which says XS29J. how did the factory ship a car , get through customs , get received by a dealer with the shipping order and the dash tag not matching ??

The factory installed the VIN tag and the fender tag.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

mopar_man

Thanks for the info . So when you go to a dealer to order a car , are you filling out a shipping order or an order to have a certain car made and is it called a shipping order . And again I refer back to my friends Daytona which is a real XX29J car but the vehicle shipping order states its a XS29J car .  Is this normal