News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dog Dish Hub Caps and Wheels Info

Started by shawnmd, March 28, 2006, 03:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnmd

We have a 1970 Superbee and 69 Charger and would like to install painted steel wheels with the old dog dish hub caps as shown in the attached pic.  My question is with the type of steel wheels I need to buy. This particular hub cap is a 9"?????  Is there different sizes of these hub caps??  I would like to buy 15" rims for these hub caps----what vehicles have the type of wheels that these hub caps will work on?  Lets say I go to the junk yard, and find 4 15" steel wheels off an old diplomat,  would they work?????  an old dodge truck?  Or do I have to find original old b-body steel wheels?

RallyeMike

That looks like a standard 60s dog dish, and if so will fit virually any Mopar car 14 or 15 inch wheel from the same era. Some truck, earlier 60's wheels will not work as they took a larger dish. One of the best set ups is the 15x7 cop wheels that came on Fury's and Diplomats of the 80's.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TX9 Charger

You can go to this place http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/wheels.html if you want to use the original skinny tires. I used 15 x 7 x  4 1/2 bs cop rims off a 80's  car. It's different & thats what I wanted.

shawnmd

I have heard that crown vic wheels fit and allow these hub caps to work.. Are those wheels from a crown vic?  How is the offset>

TX9 Charger

The rims are off a 86 Dodge cop cruiser. The back spacing is 4 1/2"

MassCharger73

Chrysler 5th Avenues had 15x7 steel wheels if you want the old school look without the cop car vents.
1973 Charger

deputycrawford

I would just like to add that the rims shown here are not correct for 69. They will bolt up but the eight slots stamped in the rims are incorrect. The correct looking wheels come in 14 and 15 inch versions and have four very thin slots right at the edge of the wheel where the center section attaches to the rim itself. Either way, they both look cool and I really want a set of the dog dishes you have there in the first picture. Those are correct for the car. Also remember the wheels were painted body color in 69. Have fun with those wheels I love the look.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Shakey

I am also a fan of the dog dish caps.

deputycrawford

Man that F6 green dog dish set up looks cool. How many different vehicles used those same exact wheels in 15x7, and what was the back spacing? I need to hit the bone yards for the rims. I know where I can get a set of the correct dog dishes.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.