News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your thoughts Pease

Started by mopar0166, April 09, 2015, 09:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

so I have a gl replica, but my interior is black, which I was fine with because I liked being different. 

But now I am toying with the idea of dyeing the interior a dark tan, to be more with in spec. 

only thing being I have a few interior pieces signed in which id want to keep in side the car. 

My idea is to :

Dye tan the , seats, door panels, headliner, upper / top dash, and the plastic portion of the console.

then -- leave the carpet black, the gauge bezels wood, lower dash pads black (because the glove box is signed) and console carpet black , kinda giving it a two tone look but not crazy.

What is your thoughts? 

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Mopar Nut

The two tone would look good.

:Twocents:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

mopar0166

I'm thinking it wont look that bad and it would be a suttle two tone

mopar0166

I think the black really wouldn't overpower at all my be a nice change to see

RallyeMike

Ive yet to see a dye job color over another that has held up.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

mopar0166

I have, my buddy dyed his whole interior tan and has held up just fine,  its the prep work and a quality product that makes the difference

Dino

I think it would look horrible myself.  If you're set on changing the interior to tan then remove the signed pieces and get different ones to dye the whole thing.  I'd go with a black interior over that nasty cream tan any day.  The original saddle would be nice though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Saddle is the nicest tan in my opinion. The spray bombed light tan interiors look horrible at best so I would avoid that. If it was me I'd remove the signed pieces to keep safe seperately and do the interior in saddle.

My interior was re-done in saddle but the dash was left black, it drove me nuts which turned into a complete 3k dash restoration.

Brock Lee

Quote from: RallyeMike on April 10, 2015, 12:25:48 AM
Ive yet to see a dye job color over another that has held up.

Agreed. The best materials and prep work will not handle heavy use. For me the wear started on the upper door pads and spots on the seats where the rivets on my jeans pockets rubbed. F that.

mopar0166

Im still on the fence about it, but kinda leaning towards not doing the extra work right now

we will see

myk

You cannot go wrong with an orange exterior and a black interior...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Calif240

Make sure to use a quality dye. I actually DID dye mine black over a white original interior that was mostly shot. If you use the professional stuff, it will last. Make sure to clean it first. Also, you may want to coat it a few times. If you want, I can try to find a picture of the stuff that I used... it was special order.
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.