News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pie Tin

Started by VegasCharger, April 09, 2015, 05:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Did 1968 Chargers 383-4 H Code Auto with A/C unsilenced air cleaners receive the "383 Four Barrel" pie tins?
Build date would be 1-18-68 from the Hamtrack plant.

Thanks in advance :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

triple_green

This has been discussed here a couple of times before. I have a 383-4 HP engine in my 68.  5/68  build date. My car was very original when I found it. It has the unsilenced aircleaner, but no A/C. while many of the original parts were there (and worn out) there was never a pie tin on the air cleaner. I asked the original owner about it and he said he never remembered there being one. Others seem to agree that there was not one on the this engine.

I do have a 383 four barrell pie tin on my car now, just because everyone at car shows always asks what the engine size is.

Others can correct me if I am wrong.....
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

xoman60

nicksgarage.com has some history of pie tins along with air cleaners and other stuff. May not get your question answered but still has some interesting info on that website.

triple_green

I have looked at that Nick's garage website before and it is very helpful.

However you notice that the two engines they show are painted orange meaning they are 69 engines.

I believe that the only dodge engines that got pie tins in 68 were the 440 magnums. I believe that the 383 roadrunner got a pie tin because it had the 335 hp engine, not the 330 hp engine like our Chargers have.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

BSB67

Quote from: triple_green on April 18, 2015, 12:21:50 PM
I have looked at that Nick's garage website before and it is very helpful.

However you notice that the two engines they show are painted orange meaning they are 69 engines.

I believe that the only dodge engines that got pie tins in 68 were the 440 magnums. I believe that the 383 roadrunner got a pie tin because it had the 335 hp engine, not the 330 hp engine like our Chargers have.

My 68 383 GTS (April Build date, no AC) has an unsilenced air cleaner and a pie tin.  I have no idea if this information is even relevant to this conversation, but thought I would throw it out there as a FYI..

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph