News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood Turn Signal cutout

Started by VegasCharger, April 17, 2015, 06:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Hello, I have a question regarding the hood turn signal cutouts on my 68 Charger. My car originally came with no hood turn signals (block off plates). But now I am installing hood turn signals and after removing the block off plate on one side I noticed that the metal tabs from the hood cut out go straight down. Should these be bent inwards? Like an "L" shape? If not I'm having a hard time figuring out where the tabs on the turn signal housing retainers mount against. I've attached two pics. The red arrows show the current shape of my hood cutout tabs. The green arrows are showing the tabs on the turn signal housing retainer where I need to know where they mount against?

green69rt

Here are pics of my old ones and my new AMD hood.
You can see that the lights need to set on tabs and have a retainer that sandwiches the tab to lock it place.  My AMD hood tabs do stick out into the opening.

So push the lens into the hood from the outside till the tabs set on the hood tabs (bent into the opening), then attach the retainer from inside the hood with little nuts so the hood tab is trapped between the lens and the retainer.