News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Re: TALLADEGA 2015!!

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, March 13, 2015, 01:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

Stevearino

Thanks for all the great movies and pictures Stu. Feel almost like I was there.  :2thumbs:

This Aero car section was like a ghost town while everyone was in Talladega.

moparstuart

TheAutoArchaeologist

Ok,  well here are the pictures that I've shot over the past few days.  If anyone would like a copy of a certain picture, of a good quality and without the watermark, please just drop me an email.  TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/collections/72157660390802611/

Ryan

70EK2Bird

We also had a great time and made some new friends.  Still on our way home as we stopped for the night in Indy.  Still working on video from the Atlanta laps, but since we did 28 miles on the track, there is a lot of video.

Here is a link to my video from the wing, we did not move quickly most of the time, but still great to be on the actual track.

https://youtu.be/iuiIARQnLZ0

70Sbird

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 26, 2015, 02:27:45 PM
Wish I could've done this again this year, but it wasn't in the cards, what's this about 2019?  :scratchchin:

Quote from: 70Sbird on October 26, 2015, 09:37:29 AM
By the numbers: I put 1,722 miles on the Superturd in those 4 days, burned 348 gallons of gas, averaged about 11.2 MPG and consumed no oil or other parts!
:2thumbs: :cheers:

by my math: 1,722 miles / 348 gallons of gas = 4.9 miles per gallon  :icon_smile_big:

See this is what happens when I don't get enough sleep!
The corrected numbers are 1,722 miles, burned 154.12 Gallons of gas at a cost of $348!
I was enjoying buying 93 Octane premium at about $2.25 per gallon!
:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on October 27, 2015, 07:39:29 AM
Wish I could've done this again this year, but it wasn't in the cards, what's this about 2019?  :scratchchin:

Quote from: 70Sbird on October 26, 2015, 09:37:29 AM
By the numbers: I put 1,722 miles on the Superturd in those 4 days, burned 348 gallons of gas, averaged about 11.2 MPG and consumed no oil or other parts!
:2thumbs: :cheers:

by my math: 1,722 miles / 348 gallons of gas = 4.9 miles per gallon  :icon_smile_big:

See this is what happens when I don't get enough sleep!
The corrected numbers are 1,722 miles, burned 154.12 Gallons of gas at a cost of $348!
I was enjoying buying 93 Octane premium at about $2.25 per gallon!
:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
I seen that car

Aero426

Get busy, because you only have four years to wait this time.   

Dave Kanofsky

What an amazing event.

I'm still trying to fully comprehend everything we saw and experienced.

Great job by Doug, the Wellborns, Museum staff, and everyone involved in putting this incredible event together.

Also thanks to Ryan, and everyone else who is sharing their pics and videos.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

I had a GREAT time. It was a blast to have my long-time best bud from as far back at the 10th grade Andy fly out to Houston to join me. I also enjoyed the fellowship with my buddy Dave in Houston and his friend Ron along with Cliff and his Wife Allyn. My Daytona ran great and so proud of it.. I really really really enjoyed those QTP electric dumps. Based on the reactions of the fans there at the race, so did they....

ONLY drawback was, on the way back from the track's activities, the ole' girl started making some loud ticking noises in Sylacauga ( thinking, and hoping, one of the torque converter bolts has backed out and tapping the 727 inspection cover )... Didn't want to take any chances, so I jumped into Dave's Superbird and off we went to get my truck and trailer. An hour later, we were all eating dinner at Ruby Tuesdays.... All good.........

1. The Houston gang
2. Broke down in Sylacauga
3. View from the passenger front seat in Dave's survivor Superbird.. Man, that thing runs so smooth and love that bench seat.
4. Back at the hotel waiting for the rain after a nice dinner.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 28, 2015, 09:43:01 AM
I had a GREAT time. It was a blast to have my long-time best bud from as far back at the 10th grade Andy fly out to Houston to join me. I also enjoyed the fellowship with my buddy Dave in Houston and his friend Ron along with Cliff and his Wife Allyn. My Daytona ran great and so proud of it.. I really really really enjoyed those QTP electric dumps. Based on the reactions of the fans there at the race, so did they....

ONLY drawback was, on the way back from the track's activities, the ole' girl started making some loud ticking noises in Sylacauga ( thinking, and hoping, one of the torque converter bolts has backed out and tapping the 727 inspection cover )... Didn't want to take any chances, so I jumped into Dave's Superbird and off we went to get my truck and trailer. An hour later, we were all eating dinner at Ruby Tuesdays.... All good.........

1. The Houston gang
2. Broke down in Sylacauga
3. View from the passenger front seat in Dave's survivor Superbird.. Man, that thing runs so smooth and love that bench seat.
4. Back at the hotel waiting for the rain after a nice dinner.

Great pics.   Hope it is nothing major.   Nice to see you.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on October 28, 2015, 10:57:23 AM
Great pics.   Hope it is nothing major.   Nice to see you.

Doug,,, you, Tim, Pam and the rest of the gang behind the scenes, who carried out this operation did one hell of a job !!!   :2thumbs: 

Can't wait till the next one ( Hopefully I'll have my Joe-Dirt Superbird ready for that one ).........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

r4daytona

Speaking of the next one ... when might that be??  Couldn't make this one (taking care of my dad) but would make arrangements to be at the next one!  LOVED the videos, especially Stuarts when he went thru the crowd and got to hit the gas a bit.  I was wondering what mph he hit on that part but I see that his speedo wasn't working.  Stuart -- any estimate?  Looked like a great time and I'm jealous I couldn't make it.

Aero426

Quote from: r4daytona on October 28, 2015, 11:48:17 AM
Speaking of the next one ... when might that be??  Couldn't make this one (taking care of my dad) but would make arrangements to be at the next one!  LOVED the videos, especially Stuarts when he went thru the crowd and got to hit the gas a bit.  I was wondering what mph he hit on that part but I see that his speedo wasn't working.  Stuart -- any estimate?  Looked like a great time and I'm jealous I couldn't make it.

Only four years until the 50th anniversary event in 2019. 

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on October 28, 2015, 11:48:17 AM
Speaking of the next one ... when might that be??  Couldn't make this one (taking care of my dad) but would make arrangements to be at the next one!  LOVED the videos, especially Stuarts when he went thru the crowd and got to hit the gas a bit.  I was wondering what mph he hit on that part but I see that his speedo wasn't working.  Stuart -- any estimate?  Looked like a great time and I'm jealous I couldn't make it.
Speed wont work as the viper trans has no place for a cable , my garmin has a GPS  speedo on it we were not suppost to exceed 40 mph so i will plead the 5th but im thinking i heard someone say double that ,  we almost hit a few people  ?  not sure why they were allowed to run out in front of us

69_500

I would say on the back stretch the group of 500's were approaching triple digits for a bit to catch the pace car that had walked off from us during the crowd of people.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69_500 on October 28, 2015, 04:17:25 PM
I would say on the back stretch the group of 500's were approaching triple digits for a bit to catch the pace car that had walked off from us during the crowd of people.

An official wanted us 500's to go double file but there wasn't room for 2 of us in turn one and I was a couple feet out in the grass and the pace car takes off so I tried to catch up with it then it stops dead at the back gate.   After Atlanta my car drove great, I changed the alternator and regulator and got voltage back in it.  Hey I had a great time and hope everyone else did to.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

moparstuart

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on October 28, 2015, 06:37:46 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on October 28, 2015, 04:17:25 PM

An official wanted us 500's to go double file but there wasn't room for 2 of us in turn one and I was a couple feet out in the grass and the pace car takes off so I tried to catch up with it then it stops dead at the back gate.   After Atlanta my car drove great, I changed the alternator and regulator and got voltage back in it.  Hey I had a great time and hope everyone else did to.
it was great meeting you Al, well meeting your car   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :icon_smile_big: we almost ran over a few people running out in front of us  , couldnt believe they didnt keep them back

A383Wing

anyone know what the final count of Aero cars that attended?

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on October 28, 2015, 10:37:18 PM
anyone know what the final count of Aero cars that attended?
i have heard 60-65 wings 

69_500

I counted 73 wing cars on Sunday. Excluding the 1971 wings. Then 6 500's made laps, but 2 500's were at event but did not do laps. Did not get a count on the Fords, sorry.