News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fuel pump

Started by mustanghater, August 09, 2005, 10:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

does anyone know were the fuel pump in a 99 chevy converstion van would be?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Chryco Psycho

if ti is a mechanical pump it will be on the right side of the engine

68 RT

In the gas tank. If you need to replace it replace with an AC delco pump. Also replace the fuel pump relay.

mustanghater

my moms van broke down and it all traced back to the fuel pump and when they looked for it it wasn't their. the guy called a few min. ago and said he found it in the gas tank thanks
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Ghoste

If they were able to diagnose it, shouldn't they have also been competent enough to find it without telling the customer "hey it's the fuel pump but we don't where it is"?

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Ghoste on August 10, 2005, 08:21:30 AM
If they were able to diagnose it, shouldn't they have also been competent enough to find it without telling the customer "hey it's the fuel pump but we don't where it is"?
:iagree: Ghoste, heck I'm 14 and I knew it was in the tank!

andy74

some of the heavy duty trucks,and cargo vans had carbs all the way up into the late 90s.so it could have had a mechanical pump on the engine-andy

Ghoste

It's either a mechanical pump on the side of the engine or an electric and the electrics are 90% of the time in the tank.  One glance under the hood should tell.  My question though, is why would a shop call a customer and tell them they can't find it.  It isn't like it was a Ferarri Modena, it was a Chevy van fer crissakes.

andy74

good point-i would look for a new shop :iagree:

Steve P.

I would check the relay before letting that idiot do anything..................

And make sure you change the pick up sock if you change out the pump...  
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ChgrSteve67

derailed

yeah that does sound a little bit like forest gump auto repair. you think a professional repair shop would know where to look on a chevy van.

cudaken

Hey what the shop number, I want them to work on my Charger!  :icon_smile_big:

Tell Zick and Gobber Hey You All for me.

Gomer Pilye
I am back