News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SSBC BRAKE CONV

Started by oldsnofear, March 29, 2006, 01:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsnofear

HI IF ANYONE USED THE FRT DISC CONV WHERE DID YOU PUT THE ADJUSTABLE PROP VALVE??       THANKS FOR THE HELP SHAWN

phat69charger

Take a look at this page near the bottom: http://www.mpbrakes.com/mpfaqvalving.htm

You can mount the valve near the master or under the car on the frame rail.

41husk

I put it on my Challenger and plumbed it in under the master cylinder just next to the inspection cover.  That way you don't see it from the top but is easily accessible through the inspection cover.  that way it keeps it's stock look.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

is_it_EVER_done?

The proportioning valve should be mounted AFTER any distribution - safety - combo valve you have, mounting the proportioning valve before the rear line exit can cause several problems from minor to extreme.

It's designed to be mounted "in line" for the rear brakes. That means after the rear line exits any/all other valves. Anything else is dangerous.  --

Just 6T9 CHGR

I put mine on the frame rail far enough "down stream" so you cant see it from under the hood.
The splash shield covers it as well
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

oldsnofear

Thanks for the info and pics. Shawn

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 29, 2006, 04:27:30 PM
I put mine on the frame rail far enough "down stream" so you cant see it from under the hood.
The splash shield covers it as well

exactly where i put mine
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip