News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mufflers of choice?

Started by Mopar Thunder, May 19, 2015, 07:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

Dynomax Ultraflo....love the sound.

c00nhunterjoe

I have never heard a muffler that has "no drone" im sorry, but it doesnt exist. This is why car manufactures today ad resonators to the exhaust to stop the drone. All mufflers, chambered, straight through, or glasspack WILL drone. The rpm that they drone at will vary based on your engine, exhaust size, and muffler of choice.
   I have the ultraflows on my 07 rt and they DO have a drone. To me it defeats the purpose of a louder muffler if you quiet it back down with the addition of a resonator.
   The trick is experiment and find out what rpm you typically produce a drone and choose a muffler combination that will not drone in your normal cruising rpm band, problem solved.

The 07 with dynomax ultraflos- https://youtu.be/lPINTtGZAqo
The 69 with flowmaster 50suv- https://youtu.be/di8VIN6i6ok

myk

^^^That's what I've been saying for years.  Also, call me crazy but I like the drone?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: myk on June 15, 2015, 08:05:56 AM
^^^That's what I've been saying for years.  Also, call me crazy but I like the drone?

I agree, i love the way my 07 sounds. The drone is not obnoxious. Its loud and pronounced, but it accents the aggressive growl of the hemi at the same time and i love it. Its a narrow rpm band that it occurs so a simple 5-10 mph change or up/down a gear can make it go away or come in on command.
   The flowmasters on the 69 are the same way but it drones around 1800-2200 and at 1800 im still skipping off the cam....lol

Stegs

definetly switching from my 14" magnaflows to ultraflow welded mufflers

sound is better than magnaflow, but not crappy sounding like flowmaster

Good videos!

HeavyFuel

MagnaFlows last year, and just added the Magna resonators to eliminate drone.  They work well.

The MagnaFlow mufflers are a little bulky, might end up switching those back to the Dyno Turbos in the future.   :scratchchin:

But I like how quiet the car is now.   :2thumbs:

(also switched to the factory replica exhaust tips from Accurate....I like 'em better than the TTI's that were on there.)

Stegs

Quote from: HeavyFuel on June 16, 2015, 04:35:28 PM
MagnaFlows last year, and just added the Magna resonators to eliminate drone.  They work well.

The MagnaFlow mufflers are a little bulky, might end up switching those back to the Dyno Turbos in the future.   :scratchchin:

But I like how quiet the car is now.   :2thumbs:

(also switched to the factory replica exhaust tips from Accurate....I like 'em better than the TTI's that were on there.)

I have those same tips...they tuck under the car a little nicer than what i had on before...very good product and quality!