News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger Registry Any updates?

Started by 66FBCharger, June 10, 2015, 11:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger chris

Cool thank you for the link I just found out info on my car from a link off that site.  :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

Maybe I have a chance in finding my fender tag after all.  Maybe somebody from the registry bought my inner fender well from my charger and has my fender tag . :popcrn:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Homerr

A little birdy told me things are moving forward, maybe slowly, but forward.

Having worked on a couple of registries now all I can say is have a bit of patience.

Troy

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 22, 2016, 12:07:43 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on March 21, 2016, 09:04:53 PM
I think it is uncool for you guys to be trying to get this info that Ghoste already has been entrusted with with out Ghoste saying go for it
Did you not already read what he said he was up against the last little while ??

If it is so important to you why did you not volunteer to host it in the first place ?

Sorry you feel that way.
But to be clear, no one here is offering anything but help and assistance, in getting the '69 Registry data/info back up into the public domain where it used to be 3 years ago..... for the benefit of all enthusiasts.
Opinions can vary with people, and you are most certainly entitled to yours.

But after 3 long years,
just sayín.... others may be of the opinion that at the very least some "help" could at least be offered to Ghoste with this effort, to lighten his burden, given, that by his own accounts the tribulations "life" has thrown his way have stalled the '69 Registries return.

And most respectfully here to Ghoste, all anyone here has done is to ask Ghoste himself, if he would accept that help ? Both HERE and in PM ?
Even just a YES.... or a NO ?
But strangely he has gone completely silent for the past 7 days ?
I sincerely hope something bad has not befallen him again ? because he was averaging 10 posts per day on here, 12,279 posts over the last 3 years and has never been silent more than a day since this threads resurrection ?

I don't think anyone can be blamed as being "UNCOOL" ?.... for offering to HELP someone after 3 long years ? who has by their own account undergone.... had a job change, a divorce, a child enter university, am a single parent of two, as well as a couple of personal issues.

Uh, the registry data was never in the "public domain". That's the point I was trying to make. There's a lot of good technical documentation and pretty pictures (all of which can be put back onto a site somewhere) but I don't believe any of the registries allow unfettered access to the data. If they do, you can be sure none of my cars are listed with them.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

70 sublime

Quote from: Homerr on March 23, 2016, 09:11:46 AM
A little birdy told me things are moving forward, maybe slowly, but forward.

Having worked on a couple of registries now all I can say is have a bit of patience.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Good to hear
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Cncguy

Uh, the registry data was never in the "public domain". That's the point I was trying to make. There's a lot of good technical documentation and pretty pictures (all of which can be put back onto a site somewhere) but I don't believe any of the registries allow unfettered access to the data. If they do, you can be sure none of my cars are listed with them.

Troy

I think a registry is more important than a few pics and documentation. It could also be invaluable in helping reunite drivetranes, build sheets, and fender tags. Not to mention helping authenticate their next purchase.
Yes we should have someone we can trust running the registry. I'd hope that person would respond to questions regarding the registry.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Troy on March 23, 2016, 11:37:00 AM
Quote from: Challenger340 on March 22, 2016, 12:07:43 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on March 21, 2016, 09:04:53 PM
I think it is uncool for you guys to be trying to get this info that Ghoste already has been entrusted with with out Ghoste saying go for it
Did you not already read what he said he was up against the last little while ??

If it is so important to you why did you not volunteer to host it in the first place ?

Sorry you feel that way.
But to be clear, no one here is offering anything but help and assistance, in getting the '69 Registry data/info back up into the public domain where it used to be 3 years ago..... for the benefit of all enthusiasts.
Opinions can vary with people, and you are most certainly entitled to yours.

But after 3 long years,
just sayín.... others may be of the opinion that at the very least some "help" could at least be offered to Ghoste with this effort, to lighten his burden, given, that by his own accounts the tribulations "life" has thrown his way have stalled the '69 Registries return.

And most respectfully here to Ghoste, all anyone here has done is to ask Ghoste himself, if he would accept that help ? Both HERE and in PM ?
Even just a YES.... or a NO ?
But strangely he has gone completely silent for the past 7 days ?
I sincerely hope something bad has not befallen him again ? because he was averaging 10 posts per day on here, 12,279 posts over the last 3 years and has never been silent more than a day since this threads resurrection ?

I don't think anyone can be blamed as being "UNCOOL" ?.... for offering to HELP someone after 3 long years ? who has by their own account undergone.... had a job change, a divorce, a child enter university, am a single parent of two, as well as a couple of personal issues.

Troy

Yes that is why the data was/is entrusted to an individual to REMAIN confidential.  I have reunited a few engines, tags, BS's over the years acting as the "go through" for all communication, To respect registrant's privacy etc....  :Twocents:

hang tight.....something is on the way.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ht4spd307

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Cncguy

I guess Ghoste has abandoned this forum.

ht4spd307

Quote from: Ghoste on March 15, 2016, 07:44:03 AM
Quote from: rebby on March 12, 2016, 11:49:10 AM
Why is this currently down? I own a web hosting company and would be happy to host it, pro-bono of course.

Have the domain name registered and a host site.  The problem has largely been making the time to create the site.  I had a test one up for a while but took it down because I wasn't happy with it.  Chip at the new one when I can but at the same time as this has been going on I have had a job change, a divorce, a child enter university, am a single parent of two, as well as a couple of personal issues. 
It isn't gone folks and it certainly isnt forgotten or being ignored.  It has just been grossly delayed by life.
This was his last post now vanished like a ghoste :angelwing:

Cncguy

We still need a registry! Not letting this sleeping dog lie.

rebby

My offer to assist in any way/shape/form still stands. Ghoste, you still around? Let's get this back online.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

lukedukem

I have some stuff to add. I was looking through pics I had off my phone and if anyone remembers that marine guy that said bro a lot.   Can't find the thread right now, but he found two cars, a 69 and 71 I think while hunting. He befriended the old man and was gonna give him a ride in the 72 for the 69
Anyway, I got his vin.  :icon_smile_big:

do I PM Ghoste, or should I post it here.  :shruggy:

Luke

Edit: I found the thread, fyi, its hard to read with his posts gone
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,116481.300.html
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

RallyeMike

The guy practically lived on this forum, and probably under pressure on the registry, he's made himself invisible. His last post said it all - his shit has hit the fan. It sounds like a couple of our members might be working with him, so I would say the kind thing to do is let the buzz die down and be patient.

:coolgleamA:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

69rtse4spd

Well for what it's worth, (barn find) public auction, June 25, 2016, at 8:30. 1.5 miles South of US 20 bypass in Elkhart, Ind. Guy had little bit of everything, but a lot of Dodge & Plymouth cars. These are the VINs as per the listing.
68 Ply. Barracuda Formula S 383, 4-sp, silver,#BH29H8B215071.
69 Charger R/T 440, auto, red, #XS29L9B245583.
69 Charger R/T Scat-Pack 440 4-sp, orange, #XS29L9G301684.
79 Chrysler 300, #SS22L9R213260.
Also has 2-71 Dusters, 1- Twister 340 auto, 1- slant 6,auto. One 72 Duster 440 6-pack 4-spd, orange. One 74 Challenger 340. Some other Ply. & some nice sounding Corvettes. This is in the Ind. auto & RV books.           

Challenger340

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 09, 2016, 09:46:45 PM
The guy practically lived on this forum, and probably under pressure on the registry, he's made himself invisible. His last post said it all - his shit has hit the fan. It sounds like a couple of our members might be working with him, so I would say the kind thing to do is let the buzz die down and be patient.

:coolgleamA:

Got Nuth'in to do with any buzz dying down..... the "Kind" part was in all the offers to help and assist from good people.
I sincerely hope I am wrong.....
But IMO, I think we've seen the last of Ghoste, the 69 Registry, and that registered domain in his name.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Homerr

This is why I love open registries, it's alive as long as google is around.  If google is gonna die, just download a copy of the registry.

But then there isn't likely to be the contact info of a closed registry.

ht4spd307

like anything in life if someone has an issue if its alcohol, drugs, relationship we seek help you have friends here willing to help :pity:

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

rebby

Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Cncguy