News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tail lights remaining on-manual drum brakes on my 69 RT

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, June 17, 2015, 07:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

When I park my car from a drive my tail lights are on. I have to go hit the brake pedal and they will go off. I have lubed the little plunger switch that activates the lights, but have not done anything else. Is there another place I need to be looking at so this will not remain a problem?

Thanks

Lawrence

Ghoste

Make sure the pedal itself is not binding and that the return spring is still taut enough.  I think there is also a little bit of adjustment at the switch.

b5blue

I had same problem, check that the steel switch bracket can not move/shift position. (Mine did, just a bit.) You can get an adjustable switch that's threaded with two stamp steel nuts from NAPA for 5.00 that gives you room to move the switch down. I put a spring (The smaller of the 2 throttle return springs.) to pull back against the dead weight of the pedal, one end hooked to the lower dash frame and the other around the pedal's arm by the push-rod's mount.

Sixt8Chrgr