News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don't touch it!

Started by Barfyspitz, June 20, 2015, 08:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

its every childs dream (or was) to write without a pencil, and it works on a dusty car.  And it proves there is a little kid in all of us.

never seen any major damage to paint by someone writing on it, unless it wasn't waxed.  Still bothers me that they do it, but in reality was going to wash and rewax the car again anyway.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

dstryr

I was at a show in a small town two weekends ago and one of the judges walked up and crossed his forearms together and settled right down on the pass side front fender to get a good long look... I was about 15 ' on the other side of the car and was out of my chair in a half a second and really had to restrain my language.  I said, "Get yourself up and off my car!!" and he mumbled a few times that yeah, he oughta know better.  I couldn't tell if he was remorseful or being flippant but I let it go after that.   :eyes:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

Lord Warlock

Thank goodness mine isn't a dark color, I expect to once again sit on the fender of the car and not worry so much about the finish or minor scratches.  Promise I won't walk across the top anymore, but leaning or sitting on a fender I see in my future, even if I have to lose a few pounds to do so safely. 

I'd be appalled to have it happen by a judge at a show though, would think they know better. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

69rtse4spd

Quote from: Musicman on June 22, 2015, 08:07:09 PM
Reminds me of a day a few years back when the wife and I were strolling along the waterfront docks in Watch Hill, RI one sunny afternoon. We came across this really classy looking yacht and I wanted to get a picture of it, so I told my wife to hang here while I go back to the car (about 60 yards away) and get my camera. As I approached the Charger I noticed this gorgeous Marylyn Monroe lookalike caressing my car with her body, sliding up and down the deck lid, rolling along the sides polishing it with her ass. I'm pretty sure she was trying to get off on it, or at least give it an erection. Once I got closer and she realized that it as my car, she got all excited and started in on me. Funny, even her voice and the way she spoke sounded just like Marylyn Monroe... LOL! Anywho, after a short pleasurable discussion and after making love to my poor car a little more, she asked if I would start it for her so she could feel the engine vibrating.... at which point, a loud sharp sudden voice was heard coming from somewhere behind me saying... !!! NO HE CAN'T !!!... that was my wife.  :lol:

And no Pict's. shame, shame on you.

HeavyFuel

Last night I demonstrated amazing restraint when at the local weekly cruise-in night at the diner.     :angel:  

A guy was asking me about the originality of the restoration, parts used, etc.....and that lead to me popping the hood.  Well, you know what happens when the hood goes up; everyone comes over to get a look, cause most of the gents probably haven't' seen the bay, especially on cruise nights.

So I got busy talking and answering questions.  A few minutes later, I turn around and there is a pile of cigarette ashes on the black panel in front of the radiator...the one the hood latch lives on.

Avoiding a scene, and making this guy feel like dick in front of his buds, I just leaned over and blew them off.   Not a big deal, but c'mon dude, control your ashes around other peoples cars.    ::)

And then the skies opened up and and I had bigger things to worry about.    :rotz:  Surprisingly, the car didn't melt after its first rainstorm.    ;)    

Ghoste

I don't condone but I can at least understand the ignorance of the general public as most of them have no clue how much money it takes to restore one of these cars or even how much the paint alone costs.  Their lack of respect is disturbing but the ignorance I see.  But for car people to show the same is lack of respect is inexcusable, they shouldn't be ignorant.

skip68

Believe it or not but I've had someone ask me if my General Lee was original.  As in from the factory.    :rofl:  they thought that the General Lee was a factory option kinda like the starsky and hutch or Smokey and the bandit car.   So I said yes it is.   :rofl:  then I said I was kidding and the General Lee is just a fictional t.v. car.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!