News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don't touch it!

Started by Barfyspitz, June 20, 2015, 08:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barfyspitz

Am  I the only one or  does anyone ever dread stopping anywhere (fuel stops especially), cause it's a guarantee that at least one guy is gonna stroll over and inspect your car?  They of course have to run their hands over it Lol... And ask if it's for sale lol. Im proud and it's exciting that the car evokes such passion from total strangers, and it's fun to meet new people and talk to  about it but man... Why do they always want to rub it lol. Has to be the body lines.

polywideblock

get a few of these made up to keep in the glove box 

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

1974dodgecharger

again....its a pyshological thing....when I stop for gas...I tell people off the bat, 'please touch it'.....If I see them coming by to talk to me about my car.  They always ask, 'whats wrong with it?' I say nothing, but please do touch it its 48 years old.....hence people never touch my car...I myself find that annoying  :angel:

same principle applies to any car show I go I have a sticker that saids, 'please touch this car' NO ONE TOUCHES IT!!!  I seriously don't mind people touching my old junk.

I put big rims on my 68 charger because you know why????  NO ONE STEALS A OLD CLASSIC WITH BIG RIMS!!!!!!  Another great theft deterrent!!!

My car is probably one of the most hated cars on the internet....because it looks ugly to a lot of people....and im glad...its my vision my car...

Dino

I seriously doubt your car is even in the running for that award.   :lol:

I have not have people touch it but I do get a lot of people to come over and chat wherever I stop.  I smile and answer their questions, but in many cases I politely excuse myself asap because it happens every week and it gets old.  I just want to drive and I really don't care to talk about the car anymore.  There was a cruise here yesterday and I didn't know.  So I drove over to the recycle place and got stuck because of people coming over to chat.  Now I had nothing else going on so I answered their questions and heard the stories about those special cars they once owned although they never existed.   :lol:

Once I got out of there I flew home, parked it sand shut the garage.  I didn't even want to see other classics anymore. 

I just want to drive, drive, drive.  And if the time comes when this is no longer practical then it will be sold.  Funny what time can do, I used to live and breathe classic cars and now I just want to drive the one I have and forget about the rest.  Probably better on the wallet anyway. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ACUDANUT

I wouldn't mind, if it was hot girls wanting a ride. :D
I want chicks, not dicks. lol

Back N Black

Most people I encounter are very respectful. They even ask permission to take a picture.

ACUDANUT

Some people in other parts of the world want 5.00 for a picture to be taken. (with horse, monkey or whatever)

SRT-440

I don't mind it...but I don't like the long stories about how their dad, cousin, friend had a car like this. Lol
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

70 sublime

I guess one reason to stop and listen is to maybe get a lead on another car  :shruggy:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

John_Kunkel

No amount of signs/stickers/decals will stop a "toucher".....it's ingrained in their behavior.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

justcruisin

Some people are oblivious to a car guys attitude towards their car and think its OK to touch or think they are helping by rubbing a mark of your hood with their finger. I had an asian couple plonk their kid up on my fender and take a photo of him once. :mad:

RallyeMike

People are people and kids are kids. It's not like little Jimmy is reading the sign anyway. Finger prints wipe off - no big deal.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 20, 2015, 11:12:47 PM
My car is probably one of the most hated cars on the internet....because it looks ugly to a lot of people....and im glad...its my vision my car...

Um I beg to differ my friend :drool5:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Musicman

Reminds me of a day a few years back when the wife and I were strolling along the waterfront docks in Watch Hill, RI one sunny afternoon. We came across this really classy looking yacht and I wanted to get a picture of it, so I told my wife to hang here while I go back to the car (about 60 yards away) and get my camera. As I approached the Charger I noticed this gorgeous Marylyn Monroe lookalike caressing my car with her body, sliding up and down the deck lid, rolling along the sides polishing it with her ass. I'm pretty sure she was trying to get off on it, or at least give it an erection. Once I got closer and she realized that it as my car, she got all excited and started in on me. Funny, even her voice and the way she spoke sounded just like Marylyn Monroe... LOL! Anywho, after a short pleasurable discussion and after making love to my poor car a little more, she asked if I would start it for her so she could feel the engine vibrating.... at which point, a loud sharp sudden voice was heard coming from somewhere behind me saying... !!! NO HE CAN'T !!!... that was my wife.  :lol:

ottawamerc

I was a our local cruise night and we had a "special needs" fellow stop by with his brother, he was really excited to see and talk about my car he was also very insistent to hear it run. I had alot of fun talking with him then he asked if it was ok to sit inside and I figured it was fine till just as he was sliding in I noticed skid marks all over his shorts :o I gotta tell ya I was uncomfortable watching him wiggiling in my new white seats but kept telling myself it's ok he's happy and I'm somewhat happy that I had a little part in making his day, besides I figured a good cleaning would correct any issues :'(. I agree with others that sometimes when people stop me to tell me their "I had one of those once" does get old on me too.

Scott :cheers:  
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Lord Warlock

People with new challengers deal with the same issues, at shows they want to touch and sit in it if given the opportunity.  I haven't taken the charger out anywhere yet, there is no doubt I'd get more attention with the charger than I do with the challenger, and fingerprints don't bother me much, belt buckles, rivets in jeans, teenage girl jewelry all scare me more, they stand a better chance of a scratch than fingers do. 

Stroking a charger's body lines is like grabbing the ass of your 18 year old girlfriend, uncontrollable and expected.  In fact the girl is disappointed if you don't grab it, I imagine the charger feels the same, she's good looking and knows it, and expects to be fawned over and stroked occasionally. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Barfyspitz

Don't forget about rings they are usually on people's fingers LOL. The other day I was testing out my new radiator/fan combo and I noticed it was getting hot so I pulled into a parking lot to let it cool off. Because it was just a test drive I had not washed and waxed the car and of course a guy had to come over. unfortunately my car was dusty and he of proceded to rub on it like clockwork lol.

c00nhunterjoe

Imagine how bad it is owning a general lee.....

RallyeMike

QuoteImagine how bad it is owning a general lee.....

Shouldn't GL owners should be thanking people for adding some scratches and character to make it more authentic? The GL was never pristine car.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Lord Warlock

At least I don't have to worry about anyone sliding over the hood to get in the car.  THAT would bother me, tried it once or twice when I was light and skinny, didn't turn out well, think I face planted as my foot tripped on the hood.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Kern Dog

Hey Barfy, do you take that redhead with you? I'd be more interested in her than any car. Sure, I'm married but I still like looking.

redmist

I had a guy walk up to us yesterday at a burger joint and offer me $5,000 cash for my car!!!  right here! Right now!!!

Gosh, I thought about it for .0003 seconds and decided I would keep it for now.   ::)
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Kern Dog

These low ball offers are often from people that have absolutely no clue what a restoration costs. They recall the $100 Earl Scheib paint job TV ads and are shocked to learn the truth.

skip68

Having a General Lee keeps you on your toes in public.   I've even had some guy get in my car. 
I just got done putting gas in, got into the car, started it and put it in gear when some guy from some other country on vacation opened the passenger door and got in.   I couldn't believe it.  I said hey and he started speaking in broken English "scooz me scooz me, we take photo"???  I let them take some pictures and drove away thinking that was crazy.    :rotz: 
I never had a problem with people wanting pictures.  I'm glad it was enjoyed.   Always had finger prints on it.    :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

HeavyFuel

There was a fundraising event last fall that my brother was helping to organize, and he, I and a few others took our cars.  

The cars were situated around an old gas station that was part of a collection of old buildings and such......all closed to outside traffic.  We had to drive on about 200 feet of dirt road to get there......not a huge deal...but not great.

Well, a little breeze came up from the wrong direction, and after about an hour, the fine powdery dirt from the road was now evenly distributed on our cars....and I mean thick.

And, for *ucks sake, do you think that people (especially kids) could keep themselves from scribbling in the dust on the quarters and fenders?    Apparently that's just a bridge too far, heaven forbid that folks show a little restraint, even though it IS a perfect opportunity to show off those latent finger painting skills.      :brickwall: