News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fixing an M1 Intake Manifold

Started by Challenger340, July 12, 2015, 09:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

If anybody ever looked....
they would be absolutely shocked at the port mis-alignments present on Edelbrock and Mopar M1 Intake Manifolds ?

The problem is.... that the port mis-alignment gets more pronounced affecting more and more power at rpm ?
Anybody who has ever seen a stock Eddy Intake on the Dyno even close to 6K will know what I mean here ?

So here is what we do to correct it.

NOT for everybody, but we do it once above 625hp, with any of the standard port configuration Head and Manifold combo's like Eddy's when we start higher Porting levels or changing the divergence angles in the ports.

Weld up the Intake runners

Which the welding warps the Intake, so we then re-surface to correct back to fit

Then we can port match for the "mini-max" ports as we call them....

Make up some Intake Gaskets for our custom "mini-max" ports (we use a Valley block-off plate).
This is a pump gas street deal so we use gaskets for the long haul, but the manifold can be bolted directly to the Heads with a wipe of silicone.

Then we recontour the Ports externally.... so "at a glance" nobody catches the modified/Welded up Re-configured port entrance angle, and presto all done.
Only wimps wear Bowties !