News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rev n ator

Started by 1974dodgecharger, August 21, 2015, 04:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Anybody use that? Been seeing a lot of Facebook ads for it increases of 30hp over stock mopar and mad units.

Ghoste

Nacho is using one and I know a few others are as well, haven't heard anything bad yet.

horse

I use one on my Charger with my Firecore distributor.
Works great and good over rev insurance with the rev limiter with a 4 speed
1968 Dodge Charger RT 440 4 speed Dana car
1970 Dodge Challenger RT 440 4 speed Dana car

Kern Dog

They brag about the HP gains, but I didn't see any. I sold mine for $100 to a guy on Moparts last year.
The rev limiter was a good idea, but the unit wasn't compatible with vacuum advance. I run vacuum advance for a cleaner burn and the slight mpg increase.

Ghoste

Not being an electronics person, why won't they work with a vacuum advance?

Kern Dog

I actually talked with the guy that makes these units. His explanation was that the "digital circuitry of the design isn't compatible. The vacuum signal can cause  inconsistent timing".
My observations were that this unit required the same initial spark advance but LESS total advance. At the time, I didn't feel like digging into the distributor to recurve it. When I ran the advance just shy of detonation, the power didn't feel any different. Unfortunately, this setting left me with an initial timing setting that made the car feel sluggish at low speeds.

1974dodgecharger

justcruisin

I run one, no problems with it over three years. I don't think there would be any measurable performance over a good brand like MSD or firecore. All top ignition systems would have an improvement over stock. The plus for it is that it is a plug in replacement for the original chrysler set up - if that's important to you. Albeit that as stated - vacuum advance isn't recommended.