News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So how hot are you

Started by 303 Mopar, August 22, 2015, 11:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

Something else to consider. When I was fighting my over heating condition, coolant temps would climb to 240° and above if I would let it, which I never did. So I started to wonder at what coolant temp would the "HOT" light be illuminated on cars with no temp gauge? The answers I got were around 240°. Based on that I am comfortable with coolant temps getting to 235° for short periods. Cooler is always better, to a point.  
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Tom Q

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 26, 2015, 12:13:25 AM
Quote from: Tom Q on August 25, 2015, 05:03:02 AM
I have news for those of you still in the 60-70's
195 degrees is not hot
210 degress is not hot
195-215 degrees is normal
220 dgress is warm
230 degrees is really warm
240 degrees is hot
Today's gasoline requires 195 degree min operating temp.
Less than 195 min temp the fuel will collect in the intake and burn off in the cruise mode.  This is only evident with a A-F meter. I realize this will not change your thinking but you have been advised.

You should really check your sources before making a comment like that. Today's engines are designed to run at higher coolant temps for emissions purposes. Where did your information come from?

excuse me there Mister my sources are the hours spent tuning six pak cars with instrumentation like a digital tach, a-f gage, temp gun, vacuum gage.  It's not about emissions its about burning the fuel properly. What's your experience besides an inflated opinion?? As usual I should keep technical  information to myself because you guys are always smarter than me.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Tom Q on August 29, 2015, 03:11:59 AM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 26, 2015, 12:13:25 AM
Quote from: Tom Q on August 25, 2015, 05:03:02 AM
I have news for those of you still in the 60-70's
195 degrees is not hot
210 degress is not hot
195-215 degrees is normal
220 dgress is warm
230 degrees is really warm
240 degrees is hot
Today's gasoline requires 195 degree min operating temp.
Less than 195 min temp the fuel will collect in the intake and burn off in the cruise mode.  This is only evident with a A-F meter. I realize this will not change your thinking but you have been advised.

You should really check your sources before making a comment like that. Today's engines are designed to run at higher coolant temps for emissions purposes. Where did your information come from?

excuse me there Mister my sources are the hours spent tuning six pak cars with instrumentation like a digital tach, a-f gage, temp gun, vacuum gage.  It's not about emissions its about burning the fuel properly. What's your experience besides an inflated opinion?? As usual I should keep technical  information to myself because you guys are always smarter than me.
I didnt know our credentials were needed here, but ok, i'll throw a few out. Top secret military clearance, turbine expert, engineering degree, developmental testing background, drag racing background. Shall i post diplomas, awards, commendations and certificates as well? Since you want to throw out that im living in the 60s and 70s, yet your "high tech" tuning is merely a digital tach, 02 sensor and vaccum gauge; i will leave you with this- my last test for the military had over 400 channels of instrumentation on the engine and transmission. I think i know what im doing.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

Im in favor of Coonhunter right now  :icon_smile_big: even without those credentials he has proven himself to me on the forum with his advice

sorry new guy, but you keep spatting out same stuff in every post  you been posting  ::)

c00nhunterjoe

I dont want to brag or boast, i dont like to claim to be better then anyone. I just dont like being called out as ignorant.

justcruisin

Nuff said, if you want to run at those temps - go hard, no odds to me, or any one else I suspect. I'll stick with what works for me.