News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HV oil pump mounting bolts

Started by Ghoste, August 26, 2015, 09:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

A quick question only because I don't the pump in front of me to measure the difference between it and the standard one.  I know the high volume pump needs longer mounting bolts, does anyone happen to know how much longer?
(not an earth shaking question and I'll be able to figure it out on my own when I get home but in case someone here already knows...)

firefighter3931

I never measured them to compare....but the HV63 pump definitely uses longer bolts. Mancini carries the bolt package to mount that pump  :2thumbs:

http://www.manciniracing.com/boilpubopkgh.html

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Yeah, I was at Mancini last Saturday to pick up a couple of other things and they were out of stock on the longer bolts then.  I was sitting here this morning hoping to just get the longer ones delivered to me at work today and I could bolt the pump on tonight but I'll measure the two for comparison tonight and stop at the local Fastenal tomorrow.  I knew it was an odd question but thought I'd give it a shot, one more day sure won't kill me.

firefighter3931

Any grade 5 bolt will be fine and they should be easy enough to source locally  :yesnod:

I'm assuming this is for the new engine build ? You must be getting close if that's the case ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

John_Kunkel

The HP pump is 1/4" thicker than a standard pump.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.