News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

clips for front and rear glass...?

Started by Charger500, April 04, 2006, 02:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger500

Hello,

Is there some sort of clips that I need to get for the moldings to snap on for the front windsheild and rear glass...? Thanks (any pics, where i can get them etc..)

Charger500

mopar_madman

yes there are retaining clips, some slide on a rivit  and some older ones are screwed in. Any of the major resto places have them. I got mine at one of the shows, R/T specialties and Mr G's fasteners carry them in full kits.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

NHCharger

this is a pic of the clips that snap on to a stud in the window opening. This one is actually for the bottom of the back window. In two spots they have a spacer that keeps the window from sliding down and the "ears" on this clip held the spacer in place. I got these from my local Dodge dealer and just cut the ears off.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Charger500

Charger500

Hey,

Just to make sure, I found these on yearone.com so it is a 18 piece set made for 68-70 chargers part number Mt102 rocker panel molding clips...? Ill attach the link.

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=1

Charger500

NHCharger

No, those clips attach the trim piece the runs under the doors.
Call Mr. G's , 1-817-831-3501, and tell them what you need.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Shakey

Shakey

58pwrwgn

The picture with the 12 clips are whats in the windshield for my 68 road runner.  However the clips that are on the bottom are longer.

GreenMachine

You can get ones that will work at Pep Boys or most auto part stores. I used Ford clips on my '72 rear window, worked perfectly. I just doubled up 2 paint stirrers to get the spacing to mount the window.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.