News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Superbird Wing Was Not "Idiotically-Ineffective" or "Dumb"

Started by moparstuart, September 02, 2015, 10:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

45 years ago, we could not run CFD simulations on a cow as we can today.     

Dave Kanofsky

THAT IS AWESOME!  I could see a race horse, but a cow?  Now that's funny stuff right there...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

wingcar

It led to this.....

(Aerodynamic milk flow....interesting  :scratchchin:)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

68pplcharger

Ignorant people tend to write ignorant statements. There were several Engineers that chimed in on the original post about the Aerodynamic Engineers that were involved in the design of the 69 Daytona and 70 Superbird. They also mentioned the wind tunnel testing that was performed and that this was the first time an Automotive company used computer analysis for the data collected.  They also mentioned the huge success that these cars had for stabilization at high speeds. :Twocents:

odcics2

Steve Lehto does his homework and writes good articles.   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

thehemikid

Quote from: odcics2 on September 03, 2015, 02:50:40 PM

Yep, and Ryan Carlyle does not.  His PhD ( post hole digger) went to his head there for a minute. Maybe jumping to conclusions after seeing too many ricers.

odcics2

Quote from: thehemikid on September 03, 2015, 10:41:30 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on September 03, 2015, 02:50:40 PM

Yep, and Ryan Carlyle does not.  His PhD ( post hole digger) went to his head there for a minute. Maybe jumping to conclusions after seeing too many ricers.

post hole digger...    :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?