News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fuel pickup /gas guage sender leaking

Started by Highbanked Hauler, October 11, 2015, 03:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Here is a good one, I have a stainless steel repro fuel pickup in my Charger for 6-8 years and no problem till I fill it up with gas the other day. Now I can smell gas from around the car so I get under it and it is leaking through the gauge pickup sender from around the 1/8 bolt in the center of the plastic insulator. I am sure of it because when I wipe the gas from it within 10 sec. its wet again.
Anyone know of a sealant to use on it that can withstand gas ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

cdr

i just replace mine for the same reason, i had acquired a used original with the good lock ring,now my gauge reads like it should, i would not trust anything to seal it.  :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr