News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Started by Mopar Nut, October 19, 2015, 08:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

Buy your tickets now!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

If you had told me 30 years ago that I really wouldn't care much for another Star Wars movie I would have declared you insane!   :lol:  But here we are and I think I'm gonna pass.  I'll catch it on TV some day.   :yesnod:

Like any kid I was crazy for the original trilogy and the cool toys and that's the memories I want to keep.  The new trilogy was pretty much crap and although I could see JJ do good with the franchise as he did with Star Trek, I feel this is not the movie for me.  I felt embarrassed when I saw the trailer close with old Hand and Chewie whie I should've been excited.  The magic is no longer there, this is a new generation's SW.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

I'll wait for the DVD....I'm not into going to movies anymore

Mike DC

I'm excited for it.

I would be put off if they were just merrily sending Han & Luke & Leia out on a new adventure, screw all the actors' ages.  That would have really felt like a nostalgia cash-in.  (Arnold Schwarzenegger, please, just stop it.)  But this one seems to be shifting the old cast into elder character roles and that makes it feel much more "right" to me.

:Twocents:

It can't be what it was 30 years ago.  Nothing ever could.  George Lucas & friends probably couldn't have maintained the same vibe & quality for several more movies even back in the 1980s.  Change is inevitable.  I just hope the change is in a good direction.  So far this new movie seems promising.  

The Star Wars franchise could have maybe used another 5-10 years of dormancy to make it feel totally fresh again.  But we are running out of time with a lot of the big names from the original trilogy.  In front of the camera, behind the camera . . . even the original fanbase is aging.  If they were ever going to do a post-Return-of-the-Jedi movie series then I'm glad they are getting on with it.    

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on October 19, 2015, 11:45:28 PM
I'll wait for the DVD....I'm not into going to movies anymore

This is exactly what I do, I wait for the DVD's to come out now.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Vector

I'm keen, definately will go see it at the movies, not written and directed by George so we're less likely to get Jar Jar'd.

I have a New Hope that it's good   ;)

myk

Got my tickets for the opening day; it's gonna be nuts.

I hate fevered crowds and thronging mobs but Ive been anticipating a new Star Wars movie for over 10 years.  I believe it will be worth the trouble...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Mytur Binsdirti

el dub

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

68CoronetRT

Got mine for opening night as well!

Wasn't born yet for the original trilogy but I did see the remake in 97' about 4 times each at the movies.

Although the newer trilogy was a bit disappointing I still enjoyed it from an audiophile standpoint, lots of minor sound details which is pretty cool.

myk

Well, Abrams officially spent most of the movie plaugerizing Episode 4, but despite my criticism of zero imagination or innovation brought forth by Abrams and his team, I enjoyed this movie thoroughly; it "felt" like Star Wars so much that the blatant stroking of the fanboi in me didn't mind that it was happening in the first place. I will watch this movie repeatedly, as often as I can, and will anxiously await its home release which, knowing my luck, won't be until next Thanksgiving.

BTW I thought Anakin Skywalker was bad, but Kylo Ren is the galaxy's new man-b**ch. Someone get him a tampon, stat...

Mike DC

(Thanks for not spoiling anything.  Everyone should be giving it at least another week or two before that's fair game.)

As for the movie, that's about what I expected.

They wanted to crowd-please the adults still annoyed about the prequels + launch a new movie series for a new batch of kids.  A loose remake of #4 covers both bases and isn't very risky.  After spending $4 billion to buy the rights, and another $400 million to shoot & advertise this first movie, having it fail is not an option for Disney.  

Interestingly, Abrams made some comments a few months ago about dropping a number of inside references to the old movies while editing.  So at one point there were even more.  

Mytur Binsdirti

In the years since it first came out, one of the characters has had a religious conversion......

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

myk

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 18, 2015, 07:17:31 AM

(Thanks for not spoiling anything.  Everyone should be giving it at least another week or two before that's fair game.)

As for the movie, that's about what I expected.

They wanted to crowd-please the adults still annoyed about the prequels + launch a new movie series for a new batch of kids.  A loose remake of #4 covers both bases and isn't very risky.  After spending $4 billion to buy the rights, and another $400 million to shoot & advertise this first movie, having it fail is not an option for Disney.  

Interestingly, Abrams made some comments a few months ago about dropping a number of inside references to the old movies while editing.  So at one point there were even more.  

Hopefully they'll include such material on the home release; if anything just for reference...

el dub

I'll pass. I watched that Jurassic World they built up so much.  It was OK if that.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Drache

There was a pretty good shocker at the end of Episode VII. I mean it makes sense, but it was still surprising.

Mark Hamill stated that Episode VIII will be more about Luke.

Easter Egg:

The new "deathstar" is called the Starkiller which is a reference to the original last name for Luke in the original drafts of Star Wars before it was changed to Skywalker.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

The family and I will be seeing it this afternoon.

Mytur Binsdirti

I'm planning on taking my family to see it one day next week on that socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of anyone's choice, or secular practices of anyone's choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or anyone's choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

The trailer looks awesome!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_Jdts5rL0

keith88

Im seeing it Sunday morning but i been told all about it by a friend they saw it yesterday sounds like it will be awesome. :drool5:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

303 Mopar

Taking the boys on Christmas Eve Day to take their minds off of presents.    :2thumbs:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

69wannabe

My son grew up with the prequel's and then into the original's which were the real trilogy for me. We like the movie's alot and I know it gets expensive but I'd rather blow 50 bucks watching a good movie than blow 50 bucks at a club or bar. We stood in line for an hour and a half to get some really good seats which we wound up with great seats and we enjoyed it!! It was a really good movie and it held up to all the hype that has been leading up to it's release. I have never been to a movie where there were numerous time's of applause in the seat's throughout the entire movie. I am not the biggest star war's fan ever but I have watched them all and this one did not disappoint for action and story line. It was well done in my opinion highly recommended to all!!