News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Fender Tag? Options List?

Started by PeteBratt, April 05, 2006, 10:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteBratt

Howdy,

Haven't posted here often, long story short I got my hands on a 1969 Charger R/T SE.  Now it doesnt have a fender tag, and would like to have one for once I restore it, it will look incomplete without it.  Is there a way to possibiliy get a copy of the options a charger was ordered with, by its VIN?  Maybe through chrysler or some resto company, and then perhaps there s a company that reproduces fender tags as well?  Thanks in advance.

Pete

694spdRT

There are some companies that repo fender tags but, I beleive they will want documentation to authenticate the car before making a tag. The best is to find a broadcast sheet for the car. These were placed in the car at the factory as they went down the assembly line. Some of the known locations are under the rear seat springs , behind the glovebox, or in the headliner.

It is rather hard to otherwise document what the car originally came with to any degree of certainty. The Vin# will tell you the price class, engine size, assembly plant, and the build #.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi