News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is what SuperBird Clones do in Pennsylvania Winter

Started by graybo, November 18, 2015, 08:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

I wish my grandparents would have migrated somewhere warm! :flame:

hemi68charger

Is it good for the unibody and the suspension to be hanging like that?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

djcarguy

That bird is hawk toed,,or tooooooo relaxed on its perch??   front wheels are like the dart i drove threw a ditch,ha ha.. looks great an comfly up there.    DJ out west   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

graybo

Ha Ha.   I wondered if anyone would notice that.  I got 8 inch wheels with 60 series tires on the front and I felt like I was driving on banana skins.  Just sent my gear box to Steer and Gear in columbust OH whe said they would fix the oversteer/ pinky steer problem.  I'll let you know in  a weed or so if it worked.  GOOD EYE man! 

graybo

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 18, 2015, 08:51:56 PM

I don't know if it's bad for the suspension to be hung all winter long?  That is a good question.  The car will be up and down all winter as I work on it.....Doing a cross country trip in June so i gotta get the bugs worked out...

billssuperbird

moparstuart

Quote from: graybo on November 18, 2015, 09:08:04 PM
Ha Ha.   I wondered if anyone would notice that.  I got 8 inch wheels with 60 series tires on the front and I felt like I was driving on banana skins.  Just sent my gear box to Steer and Gear in columbust OH whe said they would fix the oversteer/ pinky steer problem.  I'll let you know in  a weed or so if it worked.  GOOD EYE man!  
I put a steer and gear firm feel stage II box on the Birdible 4 years ago now and its the best mod i have ever done on the car , drives like a new car and drives like a dream i love it .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

HPP

Quote from: graybo on November 18, 2015, 09:14:38 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on November 18, 2015, 08:51:56 PM

I don't know if it's bad for the suspension to be hung all winter long?  That is a good question.  The car will be up and down all winter as I work on it.....Doing a cross country trip in June so i gotta get the bugs worked out...

Actually it is good for it to hang like that. Most serious competition vehicles are never stored sitting on their tires. Reverses the normal position on all the components to prevent them taking a set.