News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No more points

Started by pb24, April 06, 2006, 11:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pb24

I want to convert my points distributor to an electronic conversion distributor for my 68 charger with a 383. Ive been reading that the Mopar Performance distributors are having problems with the orange box brand new, Has anybody tried Proform distributor its a little cheaper then Mopar Performance it also comes with a box its not orange but could be made by the same company.

dodge freak

I have not used that dist. the mopar unit works fine, don't forget about ebay. I would not get a spark box from them but dist. are different. You can spin it and if it feels good  just get a brand new pick up plate for it at your auto store. A new cap and rotor and you are good to go. Accel is the brand I use. I love msd spark boxes, I think they are better than the mopar unit, I have the 7 al box now and its even better than the 6 series. I would not use msd dist. I have hear the pick up unit goes bad a lot. Don't forget your plug wires again msd is good. I have found good stuff on ebay it just depends on what you get. I buy my wires at summit racing not ebay same with msd boxes, but intakes , dist. can be good buys just look at it good before you use it.

TylerCharger69

I have the same conversion kit on my '69....I have not encountered any problems with the orange ecu unit at all.    It's about 5 years old, so maybe what you have read is a recent issue of these being defective.   In my endeavors of the conversion kit....I've found that the silver regulator box  works better than the black one.....just thought I'd throw that in. ;)