News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interesting

Started by moparstuart, December 09, 2015, 03:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6bblgt

There was a wing on the car & it's supposed to be included, but the current owner doesn't have it.
There's a piece of sheetmetal on the floor (1st pic I posted) that is supposed to be the top fill for the rear window, the bottom pieces are just sheetmetal, the decklid is cut with no 500/Daytona cap on the underside & it's welded in place/no hinges.
No tail panel at all.  Roof skin was welded on top.
Hood is '70 Charger (NOT Daytona), most of the underside is cut out, nothing inside the nose - it is welded to the fenders.

cbrestorations

It's not a rear plug, it's a flat piece of sheet metal welded I'm between the sail panels, car has potential to be a cool nascar clone but needs alot of reverse engineering before any progress on it could be made. I tried to buy the 3rd member, he didn't wanna part seperately. Who ever buys it...I know where there is an extra vin tag available

cbrestorations

The firewall was probly the nicest thing about the car I saw, the nose wasn't bad either for a home made piece, a few crooked bead rolls around the headlights and grill but not bad

XS29L9B2

nice project   :popcrn: 5000 not expensive
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

69_500

Quote from: cbrestorations on December 13, 2015, 12:13:27 AM
It's not a rear plug, it's a flat piece of sheet metal welded I'm between the sail panels, car has potential to be a cool nascar clone but needs alot of reverse engineering before any progress on it could be made. I tried to buy the 3rd member, he didn't wanna part seperately. Who ever buys it...I know where there is an extra vin tag available

You realize putting a different VIN on this car is illegal right?

ws23rt

Quote from: 69_500 on December 13, 2015, 09:09:53 PM
Quote from: cbrestorations on December 13, 2015, 12:13:27 AM

You realize putting a different VIN on this car is illegal right?

IMO what is far more important than the legality of changing the vin is the motivation to do so. ::)

cbrestorations

So is selling narcotics, but our own government does it over the counter. So is murder but our own government does it to cover up high officials, so is selling weapons to terrorists but yea they do that to...so saving a charger to be put back on the road, oh man that's just a horrific crime...
Ever heard the term body swap, when restoring a car...I'm sure there are numerous people on this site that have done so. I'm sure no one has done it because of a stolen vin but just cost and time wise involved in restoring a rusty turd vs body swap.

Mike DC

The term for a body swap that includes swapping VINs is "fraud."

If you want to argue that sometimes it makes more sense to use a cleaner body shell than restore a real mess with a valuable VIN, I would agree.  So would many others. 

But there is no (honest) reason to swap the valuable rustbucket's VIN onto the solid body in that case.  If you're building on the solid body then keep the solid body's VIN. 

cbrestorations

I agree, I'm sure a few of those high dollar Barret Jackson cars don't have their original bodies  :scratchchin:

charge69

VIN swapping is fraud, pure and simple, in every state in the Union.  If you try to sell me a Charger that has a VIN from another car, you better have your ducks-in-a-row and if I find out after buying it, expect a lawsuit from me.
If you tell me beforehand that it has had its VIN swapped, expect me to walk away.
Sure, you can find VIN-swapped cars trading hands in the high-dollar world of B-J auctions or MECUM. Those buyers are usually NOT experts and have no idea how to verify a car is the real thing.
Myself, all I would expect from a seller would be an honest answer concerning the VIN's authenticity and I'll make my own decision.  I can assure you I would never knowingly buy a car that has its VIN swapped from another car.

odcics2

Nice having a stock car, cutting off the 73 body and putting a 69 back on.   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

wingcar builder

in a case like this car, it would be wasted money to try to make it a street legal ever again. just make a race car and go have fun. perfect car for those tribute vintage racers you rub the wall so what. not original parts anyways. That's my  :Twocents:

djcarguy

CB_R  thanks for PM reply an post an info,have a safe an fun trip...

thanks guys for pix an info..  car is interesting to me. but have to get it barely legal to bee worth owning an building.  just a bill of sale is worth less than crap paper to Oregon DMV most times.  no vin an or no state plate they just toss ya papers back at ya.

CANT SEE ANYONE putting a XX or HEMI vin on this??  an wood take a million bucks to fool anyone into beliving this cut up shell is a original anything??  ya think it wood fool anyone??

i wood even use a cornet 2 door 4D? dash an vin. just to get some realish  paper work of ownership before dumping loads of cash in it,,,MY   :Twocents: :Twocents:    DJ toy buid an hauLass. :2thumbs:    cant ya aII just gat aIonnnnnngggg   YA VIN SWAP NOT GOOD ON VALUABLE  STUFF ??   DJ    KAY BOA D JUNK acting up so  y ! by .                                                                                                    KEY BOARD JUNK               sorry!bye,,had no e, r l an few others??

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on December 12, 2015, 07:39:26 PM
 ANY pic of whole left side an rear??

Does cage an what looks like a roof skin by nose go too this project??

is there a wing??  looks like was 2 wings drilled an fitted at one time?

wood a set of  front coil over shocks instead of t-bars work on this if it was light weight stripped down street  an drag toy??

ANY MORE UPDATES AN PIXS??? ???    :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs:

ANY info on BILL of sale or poss of title for strreeeet legal use?/?    Thanks DJ ,have a 68 440 an wing what else does a guy need!!
ANY MORE INFO OR PIXS OR NEW BUYER??  ??? :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Brutalowner

69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 W250 Crew 5.9Magnum 5spd
76 RC 440 4spd

hemi-hampton

Unless you have alot of money to waste on that basket case then I don't see why anybody would want to buy it. To far gone in my opinion. Might be good for parts if he had the wing to go with the nose. LEON.

wingcar builder

He told me he had an aluminum wing but never got any pics of it.

cbrestorations

must of bought it over the phone, because if they saw it in person im sure it would still be on craigslist

djcarguy

Quote from: Brutalowner on December 22, 2015, 02:08:42 PM
sold

So Brutal any confession or info as to the one word ,??   SOLD ???   ???  :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

Brutalowner

Not me, DJ.
I did speak with the guy though. He said it sold quickly. It'll pop up somewhere, I'm sure.
69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 W250 Crew 5.9Magnum 5spd
76 RC 440 4spd