News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One for the DOH Mob !! Original , WB General Lee Hood !

Started by tan top, December 23, 2015, 09:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

the only real valuable parts of a real general lee to me would be the doors and roof skin, those are the only recognizable parts of the general. the hood, valance and whatever else body parts dont jump out at people and instantly think of the general lee, you would have to explain to someone it was a real part off one of the cars. 4500 for a hood is ridiculous and the guy who has lee1's valance is a ridiculous price aswell. 

this roof is available for only $1000 and its a real lee roof, anyone could look at it close and see it was a fadded roof from a general, if you stare at a hood and a valance you will see an orange hood and an beat up valance.   

Mike DC

Quotethe only real valuable parts of a real general lee to me would be the doors and roof skin, those are the only recognizable parts of the general. the hood, valance and whatever else body parts dont jump out at people and instantly think of the general lee, you would have to explain to someone it was a real part off one of the cars. 4500 for a hood is ridiculous and the guy who has lee1's valance is a ridiculous price aswell. 

this roof is available for only $1000 and its a real lee roof, anyone could look at it close and see it was a fadded roof from a general, if you stare at a hood and a valance you will see an orange hood and an beat up valance.   

When I stare at that roof, I see GL lettering/etc in visibly wrong places to be a real one.   Just because the real ones weren't all alike that does not mean any variation is possible.

No thanks.  I'd rather have the WB-legit hood or the LEE-1 valance if I was spending $1000+ bucks. 

cbrestorations

if the hood and valance were only 1k each then yea...but 4500  :smilielol:  ide rather spend 4500 on a wrecked charger, paint it like the general lee and park it in the lawn

Mike DC

My neighbor would say the same thing about spending $35k on a restored Charger.  "No thanks, I'd rather have a nicer house/vacation/etc!"  Different strokes for different folks. 

cbrestorations

very true...ide rather have a small house that is over thrown by the shop behind it, a wrecked general lee out front with as many hoopty chargers spread around the property that i can pick one at a time to work on and a go-kart track for me and all my buddies to play on  :coolgleamA:

Brock Lee

Some people buy the parts to install on their clones. There is this idea that it adds something "special" to their clone. I myself have a number of screen used parts on my Lee, but I serious doubt it adds any dollar value.

I too suffer from some of the quirks. One would shake their head in disbelief if they knew how much time I invested in finding one of these originals stickers. And they never even appeared on the show! It just gave the car a touch of California..and lets face reality, the GL is a Californian.

Ghoste

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 29, 2015, 11:11:43 AM

My neighbor would say the same thing about spending $35k on a restored Charger.  "No thanks, I'd rather have a nicer house/vacation/etc!"  Different strokes for different folks. 

There it is right there. :yesnod: