News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who sells this

Started by xx29440charger, January 06, 2016, 06:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

Who sells the rubber that is between the nose cone and the fenders/ hood / valance for a 1969 Daytona?

ricksrt

xx29440charger

I'm looking for something that is comparable to the 1970 Charger rubber that fits between the fender and the bumper something that is rubber with fittings on there that you could just screw in

xx29440charger

Any good threads or pictures of the hood open showing the rubber

DAY CLONA

Quote from: xx29440charger on January 06, 2016, 07:49:28 PM
I'm looking for something that is comparable to the 1970 Charger rubber that fits between the fender and the bumper something that is rubber with fittings on there that you could just screw in

Regarding the HOOD rubber filler strip/flap for the Daytona, it is the 70 Charger piece, they are the same, there's also a metal "C" shaped piece that retains the rubber in place, the current repro offered has the correct profile, however when installed stands rather erect, what you need to do is lay it on a flat surface and flatten the 90 degree mounting edge under the main sealing surface with some serious weight/clamping under a flat edge, and hit the edge with some high heat from a heat gun to "break it's back" so to speak, and reprofile the 90 degree angle so the strip sits/lays nicely on the latchtray, if you can find an original Tona/70 Charger piece, I'd purchase that

As for the FENDER TO CONE SEALS, your best bet is Dales Cuda Shop.com, you'll need to procure the metal "C" frame holders from a 70 Charger, or make your own

mike

DAY CLONA

Quote from: ricksrt on January 06, 2016, 06:57:55 PM
year one !

The seals have been retooled to correct the mess the first run was, chances are high that YEAR ONE still has an original inventory of crap seals, as do most EBAY sellers looking to unload junk, Dales Cuda Shop.com will have the new releases

mike

A383Wing

I got a set from Year One back in the 90's....mine have never set right on the car

ACUDANUT

Quote from: A383Wing on January 15, 2016, 11:17:43 PM
I got a set from Year One back in the 90's....mine have never set right on the car

Pic's ?

xx29440charger

Thank you! Any top view pics would be awesome!

xx29440charger

I found what I was looking for. Thanks again!