News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

340 stroker kit

Started by 74340charger, April 08, 2006, 09:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74340charger

I am looking to put a stroker kit in my 340. I need to know some HP and price range. Also I would like a complete kit and to know that it isn't going to puke on me. On a differant note, has any one welded a stress crack on a 340 and had it last long? looking for some experienced peoples help, my first true mopar.

Dallas

Beer

I got 414 HP and 466 ft/lbs Torque (at the crank) on a stroker I built using a 318. Put in a 4" MP Forged stroker crank, and went with a 4" bore, Diamond forged Pistons, and used all Edelbrock Performer RPM components (Heads, Cam and Air Gap intake, 800CFM carb). There is a thread on the entire build at this site. Was pricy though...
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

74340charger

I have a new book that tells how to build them, and it gives some packages with prices from different engine places. I really need to know though how durable they are, what ones I should avoid. But it's nice to know that a little 318 can produce those numbers.

Dallas

Lightning

the one engine that Jim Szilagy didnt go really far in depth with was the 318 though, he stuck mainly with the 340's and 360's
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Rocky

Quote from: Lightning 06 on April 12, 2006, 02:35:29 PM
the one engine that Jim Szilagy didnt go really far in depth with was the 318 though, he stuck mainly with the 340's and 360's

He didn't really need to put in many details about it.  The only real difference is the bore size, and that isn't really an issue either.  Beer has shown that they can be punched out to "4.00 anyway.

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...