News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TT2 offset change, your thoughts.

Started by clausoe, April 09, 2006, 09:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clausoe

There is a person in my home town offering to machine away the weld on the inside of the rear wheels and move the whole center section outwards to get the same offset as the front wheels. On the torq-thrust 2 wheels this seems to be a doable thing but I am afraid of the wheels getting destroyed or maybe unsafe. Anyone ever done this before or have any thoughts on the matter? It sure would be nice to have the 10 inch rears have the same centre line as the 8 inch ones up front, and get rid of the rubbing problem too.

Thanks.

By the way, here is a short vid of me loosing the final in a 1/8 mile bracket race. It had just rained for 5 minutes and of course I was up against a 4x4. Well I ended up second and cashed in a little prize money so it was fun anyway. You car hear the engine rev up in 1st since there was no traction. Had to just cruise along in second gear.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/short+clip/2/E7CDC161-67DA-4861-9304-61D57E1C2BD0.htm

Chryco Psycho

it is often done . & properly welded & balanced I see no problem with it

clausoe

What I'm most worried about is if the wheels originally had been heat treated after welding. Wouldn't it be dangerous to weld them if I don't know how they have been treated?