News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stripped 727 rear mount threads

Started by RECHRGD, April 09, 2006, 08:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

When replacing the tranny mount today, the threads stripped out of one of the bolt holes for the mount that go into the aluminum tailpiece.  Is it a big hassle to install a heli-coil in there.  I've never done that before and am thinking I'd be better off paying someone to do it if it's not too expensive.  I have a tendency to break things.  Thanks, Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

RD

its not a problem at all.  helicoil'n in aluminum is actually better in my eyes.  you can get a helicoil kit from any autoparts store.  make sure that the size you go to will not be larger than the tranny mount hole on the mount itself :D :D (but I doubt that that will be an issue).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

dodge freak

Ok I know this may sound kind of half as but you could get a longer
bolt and put a nut with a washer on it to get it tight. Maybe even a lock nut so you don't have to get it super tight to stay on. Just use a high grade bolt  and washer nothing soft and cheap.

8WHEELER

I actually just put heli-coil's in my intakes right off the bat some of the time. They are much stronger
than the aluminum, so I would not hesitate Bob, after you have done it once or twice you will be happy  ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Chryco Psycho

easy to do , you will need a 7/16 coarse kit to do it 

RECHRGD

Thanks Guys, I wish I had access to a lift.  I'm sick of crawing around under there.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Chryco Psycho