News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel Weights On A Hemi Daytona

Started by 69hemidaytona, February 19, 2016, 08:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

I have heard more than once that the factory only installed wheel weights on the backside of the wheel. I am now getting conflicting information that weights were used on both sides of the wheels. I am referring to the 15x6 steel wheel with dogdish hubcaps. Any opinions as to which is correct?

A383Wing

not sure which is "correct"...but you will get a much better balance with weights on both sides of the wheel

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on February 19, 2016, 08:37:44 PM
I have heard more than once that the factory only installed wheel weights on the backside of the wheel. I am now getting conflicting information that weights were used on both sides of the wheels. I am referring to the 15x6 steel wheel with dogdish hubcaps. Any opinions as to which is correct?

I've done away with using wheel weights, esp after trying  to balance a set of repro GoodYear Polyglass GT white lettered F60/15 belted tires that could not be balanced, regardless of methods employed...try this, you'll never go back to unsightly wheel weights www.innovativebalancing.com

odcics2

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on February 19, 2016, 08:37:44 PM

I have always seen weights on both sides, from back in the day to now, on steel wheels.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?