News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XD(M) 4.5

Started by TheGhost, March 08, 2016, 09:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

My new gun arrived a day earlier than expected. ;D

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

charge69

Congrats on the new pistol.  Let us know how it shoots.

miller time

shorty442

Quote from: charge69 on March 09, 2016, 03:11:24 PM
Congrats on the new pistol.  Let us know how it shoots.

...I'm guessing from out of the end with the round hole in it.   but that's just me......

Troy

I have the bigger version (5.25 Competition). It's pretty nice!

You'll be happier if you throw away that box of ammo and buy something better. ;) It will shoot fine but that stuff is dirty!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

charge69

Not surprised you would be GUESSING that, Shorty ! :nana:

c00nhunterjoe

I have the older model, xd45. I am over 6000 rounds through it to date with no failures. I primarily shoot the winchester white box as well. Great gun, love it. Accurate and reliable.

myk

Quote from: Troy on March 09, 2016, 06:42:46 PM
I have the bigger version (5.25 Competition). It's pretty nice!

You'll be happier if you throw away that box of ammo and buy something better. ;) It will shoot fine but that stuff is dirty!

Troy

I don't always shoot, but when I do I prefer Federal brand ammunition.   Unfortunately,  I don't always find it in stores,  which means I have to resort to Winchester or PMC bronze.  Dirty bullets but they get the job done...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

TheGhost

I prefer Remington ammo, but they were sold out.  I'm not too worried about the Winchester stuff, I only bought the 50 round box, and I'm pretty religious about cleaning the gun.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Troy

Remington UMC is even dirtier! The regular Rem isn't too bad. I once had to use Blazer when there was a major shortage. Ick! I don't mind cleaning a little but some of that stuff makes it look like you dunked the front half of the gun - and your hand - in a pile of ash from your last bonfire. You need to pre-clean with a pressure washer...

I have 5-6k rounds through my XDM without any issues as well. The mags have soft springs (loading is super easy) and the recoil is very light so I find myself shooting it about twice as much as I plan. It doesn't hurt that it's almost ridiculously accurate. The XDs is solid too but I have the .45 version and it's brutal on your hands. Very accurate for a 3.3" barrel though.

Troy

c00nhunterjoe

During a torture test i did, i bought a box of every single brand 45 i could find, to include steel cased wolf ammo. All of it fired with no jams, malfunctions or stove pipes. The only difference in any of the ammo was at 30 yds, the wolf was a solid 5-6" lower then everything else.

TheGhost

Finally got to put a few rounds downrange today.  This is the result.

As you can see, I was shooting a bit low, likely due to my own inexperience with pistols.  7 out of 40 rounds inside the black.

Also, you guys weren't kidding about the Winchester ammo.  Dirty as hell!

Troy

Mine shoots low sometimes too... :P

Troy

Chargerguy74

All I shoot is blazer brass and PMC bronze. I buy it cheap and stack it deep. Not too many choices up here when a guy buys cases at a time.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002