News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are these Mopar wheels?

Started by Paul G, April 10, 2006, 09:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

I need to get a spare wheel and tire to put in the trunk of my 73. I have both of these wheels available to me. They both rotate true with good lug holes. The tires are trash and both wheels need refinishing, I am only interested in the wheel. The one on the left is 15" x 6", the one on the right is 15" x 5 1/2".  My question is are they Mopar, or not? 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

1970440RT

Looks like they probably are Ford wheels.  Could possibly be Mopars but a good old timer tire guy that owns his own shop can tell you right away.  Either way the lug pattern is the same.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Look by the valve stem for a Pentastar......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemihead

the one on the left is a GM wheel.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Sledge57

Quote from: 1970440RT on April 11, 2006, 07:17:48 AM
Looks like they probably are Ford wheels.  Could possibly be Mopars but a good old timer tire guy that owns his own shop can tell you right away.  Either way the lug pattern is the same.

Lug pattern is the same but the center register holes are different size, can't remember which is bigger.
So Ferd and Mopar wheels are both usable on one make but not the other..........
Doug
POS Pedal Car
Best to Date: 11.93 @ 113.41

POS Pedal Car Vid

1970440RT

Just tried to put a ford steely on a 65 Polara and it did not work, the center hole is too small.  Sledge is right, unless someone else has experienced otherwise. 

Old Moparz

Quote from: 1970440RT on April 12, 2006, 01:15:33 PM
Just tried to put a ford steely on a 65 Polara and it did not work, the center hole is too small.  Sledge is right, unless someone else has experienced otherwise. 

Same problem for me years ago as well. I was told by many, that the wheels would interchange, but they didn't. The center hole is smaller on the Ford.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Paul G

Brought the Charger home today from storage. Tried the wheels on the car. The one on the left does not fit. Center hole too small. The one on the right fits perfectly. Just my luck. The nasty one fits and the better looking one doesn't.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#