News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71-74 quarter panels what is the differance?

Started by directcon, April 11, 2006, 02:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

directcon

Hi I am working on a 72 rallye charger and I can get a quarter panels for a 73-74 charger but the guy dont have any more of the 71-72 panels.  I dont need to replace complete panel but need lower panels arounw wheel well and and curved part at rear buy parking light.  Will the 73-74 panel work as patch panel?  What is the differance between the two panels?  Thanks You  for any help

wylde8

The body lines are different on a 73-74.  If you look at the line on a picture of each, you'll see what I'm talking about.  The line on the 71-72s is actually 2 seperate lines with a break on the door skin.  The 73-74s have one continous line.  A quarter for a 73-74 can be made to work, but its a huge pain.  You'll have to do a lot of cutting. 

Nacho-RT74

I think curvature below the quarter window will be some different and upper body line probably ( mostly sure ) won't match, since top of rear door and of course quarter opening is about 1 and a half taller on 71/72 than 73/74.

Also rear end of upper line where quarter extension attachs is different. 73/74 ends to up, and 71/72 is plain up to the end. That makes difference also on curvature.

MAYBE ( not sure ) lower body lines and wheel opening areas of quarters can be used as patches. Make measurements to be sure  if you cut lower half  ( maybe 2 inches above wheel opening ) of 73/74 quarters can be used. but not sure.

and let us know ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

NHCharger

Here's a couple of pics of my 72 with 73\74 repop quarters.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

wylde8

My car looks like NHChargers does.  My 71 has a 73-74 quarter on the passenger side.  My body man found out the hard way what modifications need to be done to do it. 

hoobatech

for anyone interested auto body specialties now stocks 71-72 80% quarters as well as the diestamped 73-74 ones heres a link
http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/
^-^

73chargers4404

did you call auto body specialties and see if they have it ,they have had them listed in there damn catalog for two years along with the rear floor pan section and havnt had them ,theres a shit load of places that list them but dont have them in stock and they  probley never had. the padock used to have them but the guy that stamp them was selling all his dies and selling his company.

directcon

Hi
Checked with atuo specialties they dont have that quarter.  Going to remove from list someday Hah Hah.  My body shop rolled the owner out of retirement and me handmade me a patch panel and it looks super.  Paint goes on fri,  tring to get final layouts for hood blackout, also tring to decide if it should be flat black or use shiny black.  If I use shiny black it will have no paint lines but flat black looks cooler.  Flat is harder to repair too.  The layout shows 1/2 in stripe and 1/2 gap just not sure that is right seems large.  Thanks everyone for help so far Thanks Garry