News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yet another cam recommendation question!

Started by LowDeck451, March 30, 2016, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowDeck451

Wondering if anyone would care to take a stab at a mechanical cam recommendation for a 426 Max Wedge motor w/ 3 speed manual tranny? My brother is restoring a '63 Plymouth Maxie to driver/show quality so, not having the original cam grind is not an issue. Also, will have the original Maxie exhaust manifolds, and a 3.23 rear gear swap. Some 'rumpity rump' for the show field is welcomed but, hopefully not at the expense of street manners (though we know the manual tranny will help with this). I told him about the Andy Finkbeiner 451" article, and how well the old Mopar .528 cam worked with exhaust manifolds but, of course, not 'married' to it. I hope I'm not abusing the 'Charger' forum but, I'm so impressed with, and appreciate the experience of the engine builders here. Thanks Guys.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr